Milani Eyeshadow Primer in Nude

One of my beauty resolutions (actually, I don't make resolution of any sorts because if I want to do it, I do it. If I don't, writing things down/posting them on blog isn't going to help anyway) of the year is to explore more on eye makeup (use some junks I have accumulated over the years). Even though I still have a 4-year-old (70% full. Oyyy...) and perfectly usable Too Faced Shadow Insurance rotting in my drawer, I decided to start with something fresh and a little cheaper, because God knows if I will be able to actually stick with the so-called resolution.
Milani Eyeshadow Primer is the first one comes out of mind: It's rather portable, the price per unit volume is rather good (around 9ml for a little over 6 bucks) and I just love anything squeeze tube. If you are expecting a TFSI dupe, I am happy to inform you that it's not quite like Too Faced. In fact, it's a lot better.

The Milani Eyeshadow Primer only comes in one shade, Nude 01 (so far). The primer is a little thicker, creamier (If Too Faced is like thick milk shake, Milani is to a denser ice cream) and the color is a little yellower/less pinkish white on the skin. It doesn't feel oily (in silicone grease sort of sense) on the lid and dries up very quickly.

Instead of creating a slight damp base for the shadow to stick in, this feels more like a micro-spongy surface that tracks down the powder and making them stays for a normal 8-hr day. It gets the job done, without the greasy finger and the separating issue I have experienced with Too Faced. Overall: Don't buy it as a cheap alternative to your high-end primer, get it because it's a better alternative!

Since it's my lazy Monday, here are links to the Eyeball-of-the-Day where I have used the Milani Primer, a side by side swatch of all the eyeshadow primers will be posted in the near future.

http://wieniawski.blogspot.com/2013/07/nyc-liquid-eyeliner-in-black.html

http://wieniawski.blogspot.com/2013/07/milani-ultra-fine-liquid-eyeliner.html

http://wieniawski.blogspot.com/2013/06/amethyst-ablazed-maybelline-color.html

 http://wieniawski.blogspot.com/2013/05/maybelline-sunbaked-neutrals-expert.html

Comments