Osaji Nuance Eyeshadow in Rasen

Osaji is another one of those indie, naturally derived brand that shares the love for refined color clean beauty in Japan. I think I have seen it at department beauty specialty stores (how does my memory serve when international travel has been off limit for a year?) and they are around the same price point as Etvos, Celvoke and maybe a little lower than Three.
Earlier this year, I became obsessed with blue eyeshadow (yeah, I am always on some random kicks) and this little thing became one of my toys when I browsed Amazon jp. 
Osaji Nuance Eyeshadow is a range of singles with clear pigmentation that blends into skin. 
The compact is small and slightly gummy (just like three) while the range is predominantly greyed out neutral warm tone, I was most attracted to D07 Rasen 螺旋 (whirlpool?), a greyish clear aqua that came out last summer. 

Another selling point of the brands is that they have poetic Japanese names that's more close to everyday life/less pretentious than Suqqu.

Ingredient list of Rasen
Three Alchemist Twist for Eyes in Big Sky, Osaji Rasen and Stila Something Blue (all three are actually quite wearable).
Rasen has a very thin and dry texture that imparts a watery clarity and the grey undertone makes it grown up and not 1998
 at all. 
While I absolutely love this particular shade. I cannot get the texture to wor At k on me: when worn by itself, it's dry and brittle. Not only it has no adhereance to the skin (it rubs right off) and the flakey shimmer gets into my eyes easily. 
When used on top of a primer (Etvos Mineral Eye Balm) it goes on much smoother but it also fades into a murkey grey within an hour. Since I love the color I will try again with proper primer (Canmake) or see if it sticks with natural sebum. At least I am not in a hurry to get another shade.

Actually I am still eyeballing a green one that will come out in a week.
Look at that green shadow, those cream blushes, glosses...

Comments