My inner Belieber made me to it.
You are going to ask "Why do you keep on buying these unwearable pasty pink?"
Let me tell you...There was no tester at Marshalls and my only reference was the sticker on the box... In an ideal world it should look something like L'Oreal Tutti Frutti or Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart but truth hurts and I got myself a neon Barbie Pink of Doom.
Anyway the packaging of Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick is really cool - it has a heavy metal tube and a latch to slide open.
As for Never Say Never (I find it funny that there was an undercover Belieber working for Bare Minerals. Wasn't there another lip color named Swag?)...This is spot on Barbie pink with glaring white base.
Since Bareminerals is owned by Shiseido - The texture is actually amazing. Smooth, creamy (the pigment doesn't pull toward center or mear outside of my mouth). It's utterly unwearable for me but looking at search result, it actually works very well on extremely pale people.
On me...It looks ridiculous (but in a good way? I prefer it over the more wearable auntie mauve that secretly ages you by a few years). If they have a bold red with white base like this, my clown makeup kit will be complete.





Wow! The texture actually looks smooth and creamy on your lips! Too bad about the color.
ReplyDeleteShiseido generally makes great formula...but somehow they can't hire a person who knows how to mix color (just looking at the extensive range of really dated shades from cle de peau makes me sad)....Scout Gucci Westman for Christ's sake.
DeleteYou are so funny. I adore the "neon barbie pink of doom" bit. It doesn't look half bad, actually. Maybe you're just not used to looking at yourself wearing these colors? I mean other people would think it's pretty but you're just not comfortable. For me, it took years to get used to myself wearing bright red and hot pinks. ;p
ReplyDeleteTrust me it looks like shit in real life ...Neon barbie pink of doom is an actual Chinese slang for any white based blue pink that means death to most remotely warm toned Asian. There are wearable hot pinks out there and even a teeny bit of white base is ok (Chanel fougeuse/I can see it's flaterring but I don't like its texture that much) but this isn't one.
DeleteAvoid at all cost (unless you are a Belieber).
Almost fell out of my chair seeing this color (lol). I too have some colors I probably won't ever wear outside
ReplyDeleteNow you know. I am a responsible person who doesn't open and swatch stuff in Marshalls...
Delete