Stellar - Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

Rimmel Apocalips (Show Off in US) lip lacquer in Stellar was a clearance bin find from Harmon (for around 3.5 bucks). I remember the shades as one of Sasaki Asahi's purchases when she visited US (Seattle) so I was somewhat excited about trying this, even though this formula doesn't agree with my lips all that much. Now I think of it, most Rimmel lip colors wear like line-fest on me.
A close up of the hole-y wand. The formula is just like the Red Apocalips (Big Bang, which I hated): Concentrated in color but runny in consistency. Since the skin on my lips is really thin (highly affected by surrounding), this draws out the moisture and often travels outside my lip boundary. It just means that my waxy lip balm and brush would get some use.
Rimmel Apocalips Aurora, L'Oreal Glossy Balm in Innocent Coral, Stellar and Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious. Out of all these red-pink-coral, Stellar is the brightest (most neon) of the bunch and it really lit up the face, if your skin is relatively spot-free/has a perfect base makeup. Since I have some serious hyperpigmentation going on and I am generally not bothered with base makeup, I really need to wait for a decent skin day to wear this.
Rimmel Stellar on the lips (with a slippery Essence Glow Neon Glow as a base). As always, red-pink-coral like this always turn super bright on me. I really like the color so I ignore the fact that this formula gives me a mouth of Uncle McDonald/prune.

Comments

  1. Stellar is indeed stunning on your pretty lips!
    I've been wearing intense fuchsia/berry pink a lot lately, and I wonder if similar colors all leave strong stains regardless of the formulation, which I don't mind at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.