elf Professional Mechanical Eyelash Curler

I first heard about the elf Eyelash Professional Mechanical Curler a few years ago from a Swedish blogger Rocketqueen (who sang praises of it), I didn't think about it that much as I had mine working perfectly fine. Anyway, after having crushed 3 of my curlers (1 Shu Uemura and 2 from Shiseido...Guess who is not buying high end curlers anymore?) and having temporarily gave up on the whole mascara thing for around a year, I decided to give the elf curler a try. It's only a dollar, why not?

Long story short - With the included rubber pad, it chopped off my lashes the first time. After switching to rubber pad from my deceased Shu Uemura curler, elf professional mechanical  works very well, giving a natural (no 90 degree angle!) curl that last for a day. There is no pinching (which I do get from the Shu curler) on the lid or around the corner and it's seems generally well-made. 

The only flaw it has would be the the rubber pad, which beside chopping off some of my lashes, also started to show wear and tear after a few uses (I have a few rubber pads from my previous curlers anyway so no biggie).

The guillotine (what do you call that area?) with a mismatched pad from Shu Uemura - Looks funny but it still works. Overall: Amazing curler for the price (I don't like it as much as the two Shiseido curlers but it's less than 10% of the cost of each of those) and a perfect item to be tossed into makeup bag/travel bag.

P.S. I used it in this EOTD but you can't tell anyway (I think my lashes look longest when I let them poke straight down).

Comments

  1. wow...I was expecting to read a rant about this but hey, inexpensive definitely doesn't equate to crappy! :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know this works well. May give it a try as I need to replace my old eyelash curler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm problem with most eyelash curlers for me is that my eyes are too flat. Glad this worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.