Shiseido Moisture Rouge Lipstick Swatches - Yup, there is a red one!

I normally don't like glitter or shimmer in my lip products but it's a whole different story when it comes to lip gloss/lipstick by Japanese (or Asian in general)makers:For them, shimmer are meant for a subtle glow or dimension (when multiple sized bits are suspended in a medium) so it's never frosty or overpowering.
Shiseido Maquillage Moisture Rouge is a range of see-through and moisturizing lipsticks that looks and feels amazing on the lips (the 30-dollar lipstick has an extremely flimsy plastic packaging but I can deal with it since the product itself is so good). I didn't plan to repurchase after my first tube in PK371 but I was lucky enough to obtain some samples (from my roommate) to try out.
RD336 is a  rosy (there is a tad bit of beige in it) red with extremely fine micro glitter (which contribute to a slightly wet sheen) it's very my-lips-but-better and feels creamy and moisturizing.
RS304 is a mauve pink with chunky glitters that's surprisingly subtle since the base is so sheer. I noticed that all of them turned out looking pink but please keep in mind that my lip color is rather red (or deep blue-pink, whichever way you want to call it) to start with.
RS724 is rose infused with tons of fine shimmer (reminds me of a less frosty, smoother and a lot more wearable version of Lancome Rose Bud)that's, of course, quite comfortable and flattering on lips.

Overall: Shiseido Maquillage (this sub-line is only available in certain Asian countries, unlike Shiseido the Makeup) moisture rouge is easily one of my favorite lipstick formulas of all time. It's gives just the right amount of color, shine and shimmer and has a dreamy creamy finish that wears well.I have got nothing to complain about beside the packaging.
BTW. The March issue of Mina also did a little spread about (newly released) lip products featuring Shiseido Rouge Enamel Glamour (for which you apply the base color, wait for a minute then apply gloss... that sounds like a lot of work)a Bourjois gloss and new Anna Sui lip gloss. I think I have another red gloss added to my wish list!

P.S. Those Anna Sui dolly girl matryoshka lipsticks are available in Urban Outfitters already, aren't they adorable?

Comments