Shiseido Maquillage Moisture Rouge - Sheer Type PK 372

Introduced back in 2009 as a part of their spring color makeup campaign (with the gorgeous Tsuchiya Anna as spoke model) , Shiseido Maquillage Moisture Rouge is a relatively new range of the line.

While we all know Japanese makeup are known for their cuter-than-usual packaging but this time I have something to complain. While it does look sleek with the metallic tube and a black base but once I picked it up, I realized that it was a thin layer of metallic finish over a very light plastic tube. Not that I have anything against plastic lipstick tube (I adore the cases of Anna Sui and Paul & Joe) but when I was taking pictures of the lipstick, it was light that when it got blown by the wind, the lipstick fell down from that 3 inches of high and had its paints squashed and scratched. Don't get me started on the plastic diamond...
The lipstick is quite solid and firm (that it doesn't get so squishy that it breaks from the base or get squashed to the side with the tiniest bit of pressure) and it has that pointy tip that just look... sharp? The shade I picked is Sheer Type PK372, a shimmery orange coral that's soft, wearable but doesn't look uninteresting.
Like other Japanese lipstick I have tried, the Shiseido Maquillage moisture rouge's texture is never gritty or frosty because of the shimmer. Instead, the shimmers give a soft luminous glow and the formula itself glides nicely and feels light and moisturizing (it feels like there is actual moisture plumping my lips and makes them smooth).

While the Shiseido lipstick looks pretty good by itself, I still added a layer of L'Oreal Jelly Balm in Savory on top just to see how it would turn out. The gloss wash the color/shimmer down a bit and gave more dimension.

Overall: Great lipstick despite the steep ($30 is steep for me) price. I wish they will do something to the packaging though.

Comments

  1. SO pretty~ Can't believe it's $30 though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one with gloss is GORGEOUS! your lips look so subtle even up close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.