Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Cherry Ice: Delicate Red for a Flowy Dress

We all know what's a great hair day but do you ever have heard of great lip days (I sure do, I try to picked those days to swatch lip products)or even great lip year? Well, I think Revlon had one last year: not only they released those gorgeous summery glosses in "unusual" (for drugstore) colors,their Colorburst lipsticks also gave Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color a run for their money.

To continue their glory days in 2011, Revlon introduced new range of Colorburst Lip gloss as along with five new shades of lipsticks(all contains some sorts of shimmer)to keep lip product junkies' appetite up and our wallets ready...
 
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Cherry Ice was one of five shades that was released. Initially I was pretty scared of the idea of "color-bursting", pigmented lipstick infused with shimmer (is it just me or does it sound very drag queen-friendly?) but my curiosity and love for delicious name took the initiative and made the jump for me ... Luckily, I landed on my feet. 
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Cherry Ice is a neutral red(that shows a bit blue-toned on me) infused with golden micro glitters,the lip color goes on smoothly and doesn't dry my lips out or feel gritty. Instead of being creamy and pigmented,the formula is rather thin (in a good way), sheer and comfortable to wear. The effect is subtle, girly and delicate,something I would like to pair with a flowy sun dress.
Revlon Cherry Ice with NYC lippin large plumping lip gloss in Mulberry. A jelly gloss like this will activate the micro-glitter in the lipstick and instantly give a nice, subtle dimension to the look.

Overall: If you like sheer (but still shows) red lip tint with a delicate touch, Revlon Cherry Ice would totally be your cup of tea.

P.S. The Red Lips Week has officially come to an end after this, I hope you guys had fun reading series and I might do a little round-up and comparison of all of my red lip products in the future. At the mean time, let's get ready for our week of flowers (which I already started)!

Comments

  1. I love this one, I think I'll have to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the color payoff looks like a tinted lip balm! so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize the new releases had shimmer in them! When I first saw Cherry Ice I looked at the cap and assumed it would be a bright pinky red that tends to look atrocious on me. The sheer texture looks great, I'll have to pick one up next time there's a good sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C: There is one right now! I just checked today that CVS is currently have it for 6.99 bucks (the normal retails was 7-8 dollars) plus they will give you 3 or 4 extra bucks so it's only around 3 dollars. I picked up mine a month ago during the same sort of promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah this is a gorgeous color! I might pick this up if I manage to find one in this shade!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.