IPSA Creative Concealer

IPSA is another one of those Shiseido brands with a boring line up yet a loyal following, from what I have seen. 80% of their brand buzz comes from either their skin conditioner (clear looking toner with a metallic cap) or their concealer palette. I have seen it being featured in countless pan-shows and bag search and of course I had to get one for research. I do have plenty of blemishes to cover : Sun spots, tired under eyes and a truck ton of acne marks from picking (old habit never changes).
The compact comes with three pans, a retractable synthetic brush and a mixing well at the bottom. The mirror is generously sized and the construction is solid, simple and never attract dirt or fingerprint.
The upper most pan is a deeper yellow that's perfect for darker bruise toned acne mark and sunspots (usually lighter concealer will let purple one peek through, a deeper shade tend to be more natural. The middle is more pinkish While the bottom pan is bright ochre.

The texture of the concealer pan is smooth and thin, like a decently pigmented lipstick that's neither too slippery or oily. It goes on very lightweight but is exceptionally easy to pat on and blend the edges (without rubbing off the whole thing) and while being super light, it lasts all day, doesn't transfer or cause more zit. I usually pack it for travel as it's much quicker and more natural looking than using foundation. 
I don't usually reach for the brush but it's the perfect size dotting on top of freckles. I haven't tried many concealer but I can safely say that I can totally see what the big hype is about.  I have had mine for three years and it's still going a long long way.  Once I run out I might go for the similarly priced Etvos.

Comments

  1. I'm on a makeup spending ban- literally not going to buy any more makeup. I need to save up for a new car as my old car is failing (face palm). I'm kinda over makeup. I haven't been wearing any foundation. I still wear a mask despite no one wearing it (we haven't had outbreak in a month so restrictions have been relaxed). Honestly I've pretty much figured out my HG items. Even my skincare routine is really basic. I am using La Roche Posay C10 vitamin C serum which isn't bad at all, it's cheaper than Drunk Elephant. For face sunscreen my HG are Skinstitut Age Defence or Actinica sunscreen, both are greasy slight white cast but it protects well and i have dry skin anyway. I've actually worked out a way on how to make my white based auntie pink shades work- use a lip liner. I just discovered MAC Boldly Bare lip liner. It's a pink salmon peach color, it makes any shitty auntie pink lipstick shade look good. I have a couple of lip liners from Essence, Loreal, Lancome, Boujois. Basically if it's a warm pink lip liner it'll work. No need to find the perfect lipstick anymore when you can use lip liner as the base coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had a car (that's why I have so much makeup muahahaha) I dont know what to do when I actually need a car...Makeup is better than antidepressant.

      Delete
  2. I've seen a bunch of Asian YTers use this! Maybe I'll get it for my acne scars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...It's perfect for acne scars (got plenty ahem).Now more people use Etvos though because whole trend with indie organic brands.

      Delete
  3. Hi Citrine! Is this concealer palette only available in 1 shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. That's what I have seen on their official site (their idea of inclusivity is...including that dark pan).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.