I Crave Coral - Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick


 To celebrate the first...I mean second day of spring, let me show you yet another coral lipstick from Maybelline. (Hey, at least the orange tube goes well with the early-spring bright green background). I Crave Coral was one of the few limited edition shades of Color Whisper lipsticks that came out July of last year. Being my normal cheap self, I didn't cave in (as they are normally 8 bucks a piece and the best sale would just be BOGO 50% off) until a month ago, when this shade started showing up in Big Lots (for $1.5).
Back to the shade - I Crave Coral is a slightly creamy coral-orange with strong golden shimmer (that forms almost a bit of metallic sheen). I don't remember Color Whisper being so good (I only had one shade) but it smells great and wears very smoothly.
Pin Up Peach (a permanent shade in Color Whisper range), I Crave Coral and Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. Being a hoarder of anything coral, I can still safely say that the color is quite unique in my stash, leaning more towards sunny orange than peach.
Lip swatch of Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in I Crave Coral - The formula is smooth, moisturizing and seemly better than Pin Up Peach (as there is little to no slip or pigment floating). Overall: Love it (and will reach for it a lot this spring/summer).

One more glamour shot.

Comments