Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 40

 Back in summer, thanks to a mini revamp of the Shiseido sunscreen range (now they are slightly smaller and more affordable, at below-20-bucks at Sephora), some of the existing sunscreen range made it into stores like Marshall. Given that I am a pretty huge fan of Shiseido sunscreen (in fact, the brand rarely does me wrong), I stocked up and got (two of) the Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 40.

Anyway, the formula of the Urban Environment sunscreen turns out to be quite different from that of the turquoise-tubed one: It has a slightly softer/soapier smell, a runnier (more lotion-like) consistency that stays a little wetter (oilier during summer) and it gives less of a white cast on the face. It's still rather comfortable on the face and seems to offer a decent amount of protection (I just prefer the smell of the other one and the thicker, more drying formula that seems to zap the zits more effectively).

 Anyway, the lotion-like quality (I don't use lotion during day time because I have normal type skin) doesn't bother me that much now that it's a little cooler (below 80 degrees) so I think it's still a fairly decent product for the 14-dollar ish price tag. Actually, I have been slacking on the whole sun protection thing since I spent most of my day time indoor anyway.


 INGREDIENTS- Actives: OCTINOXATE 2.9%, OCTOCRYLENE 3%, ZINC OXIDE 10.6%

 Inactives: water, isododecane, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, butylene glycol, sd alcohol 40-B, polymethyl methacrylate, laurel peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, glycerin, disteardimonium hectorite, xylitol, methyl gluceth-10, peg/ppg-14/7 dimethyl ether, thiotaurine, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, arginine hci, onions spinosa root extract, ectoin, sodium pca, hydrogenated polydecene, hydrogen dimethicone, isostearic acid, benzophenone-3, trisodium edta, silica, polybutylene glycol/ppg-9/1 copolymer, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, bht, syzygium jambos leaf extract, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, titanium dioxide 

Comments