Just Spotted a Lizard - OPI Nail Lacquer

When the OPI Spider Man collection came out last summer,  I knew I had to get Just Spotted a Lizard (a scarab-y gold green duo-chrome, dupe for Chanel Peridot) because I love bugs (especially grasshopper and mantis, but there is no polish for either those). The thing is that, the shade was so popular that I never got to see it whenever I visit ULTA. A year later, I finally spotted the shade at TJ Maxx (with a small discount).
On the nail, Just Spotted Lizard is a shimmery/metallic golden yellow green (sadly, the turquoise in the bottle doesn't translate on the nail at all) that's yellow-gold most of the time (green only shows when I tilt the nail into a strange angle). The shade itself is fast drying enough, not that pigmented (I need at least 2-3 coats for full coverage) and leave a good deal of brush strokes. I used a clear top coat on top but it doesn't really smooth thing out...

Comments