Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Salsa Sun

I can't believe I am saying this (consider how many products I have bashed in the past) but I think I am totally falling for Maybelline!
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Salsa Sun, from the Summer 2010 Salsa Sun Collection, is a shimmer-free red orange with a fruity scent, non-sticky texture and medium to high pigmentation (for a gloss) . Normally colors from the orange family would look off with my skin tone but Salsa Sun works surprisingly well on me: The color is bold enough to brighten up the face but not so much that it becomes clownish. The finish it gives is also quite lovely, a soft watery sheen that comes with a moisturizing effect, sometime a subtle shine is all I need when I already have a nice pop of color.

Overall: This is the first Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss I have tried and it's certainly not my last!

Comments

  1. wow, that looks gorgeous! right amount of pigment and shine

    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's so bright and shiny. And the pigmentation is great for a gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade, quite bright, but it can brighten up the face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! tats a really great red shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you find it compares to Revlon's Firecracker? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. C:
    Maybelline salsa sun is more pigmented/opaque, less runny (as in texture) brighter but for some reason more wearable for me as it has enough red to balance off the orange tone, while Firecracker is more like a sheer orange once it's on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, could you please help me out! This color was never released in the UK. Could you recommend a dupe for this color please. It looks amazing on you, I want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there:
    I personally don't own any orange-red like this but I think the closest thing I can think of is Nars lip gloss in Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you, i'll check it out x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.