Sally Hansen Insta Dri Nail Polish in Tropink

 I haven’t paid attention to drug store nail polish (but judging from the sheer size of my stash. I had been casually picking up random Essie and OPI from drugstore here and there) but is it just me there are way less mass market options compared to 10 years ago? 

Milani no longer makes polish, Maybelline (express finish and Color Show) also gone, L’OrĂ©al used to have lacquer but not anymore, Sephora right now only had Gucci and that’s the only nail polish offered by them…


On the bright side, Sally Hansen still consistently come up with  limited editions. They must be kind of elusive since (I do still very much in love with cvs (visiting there at least 2-3 times a week) yet I had never seen those special collection around…Until they hit Dollar Tree? Wait I had been shopping at Dollar Tree for years and only recently I found they have Sally Hansen? 

Tropink is one of the shades from their Sour Patch Kids (third collaboration between the brands) collection from 2022 and I swear it was never in stock where I live. Even they didn’t label it on the bottle, I was pretty certain it’s meant to be a glittery topper. 
By itself it’s a sheer warm pink base (so sheer it looks like your nail bed but slightly blushed) with flakey shimmer particle that flashes from gold to slightly green. The shade is sheer , sweet and fun and it reminds me of some Maybelline I used to wear when I was in middle school. 
As expected with flakey polishes, it dries rough so a top coat is needed. This is also a type of finish and color that makes your nail bed visually bigger. 
Anyway, it wasn’t super complex shimmer but for 1.25 it made me quite happy over the weekend. 

My haul - and now I want to stalk all dollar tree from my neighborhood! 
The red bean paste (Miyomacchi sweets) bun was overpriced but very much delicious. 

My pedicure was also from dollar tree (Mineral Fusion in Gold Rush) . I shall properly wear it on my hands someday. 


 


Comments