Kanebo Media Powder Eyebrow in Dark Brown

For someone with a full set of bush, I sure have a hell lot of brow products. Let me explain (present you with more excuses of my shopping addiction), most of my toys are fairly affordable and while I  don't fill my brow often, there is something very ritual like about drawing on brows. 

Anyway, it's also interesting to see that why they all serve the same purpose, brow powders look and feel so different on. It's like Hamelet (or red lipstick)!
Media is an unassuming drugstore brand under Kanebo, known for 
their cream foundation that feels surprisingly expensive despite the cost. While Media color makeup is a little on the boring side. Their basic, non-fun items (such as base makeup and eyebrow products. The Powder Eyebrow is something I see a lot on Weibo. 
The Eyebrow Powder has two shades, a lighter blond and a deeper ash brown, both with a tiny bit of Moss undertone(swatch is left, right and mixed).  The powder is firmly pressed that little goes a long way (it's only five bucks anyway). 

While each swipe goes on clear, it's very easy to apply and blend. The effect is very natural, foggy kind of look as if you are born with this kind of full brow. I especially like the small compact, perfect for carrying around and travelling.
Since my brow is naturally somewhat bushy (or just wide?) instead of messing with the shape/tweeze it thinner than fill all the part covered with brow hair. Now I learned that I can just fill the middle(core) portion. Not only it actually make my brow thinner (I prefer a long willowy shape over arched or straight brows), I also get to keep the natural boundary. I drew it a little too high up this time so I shall try again when I am not as sweaty...

Comments

  1. Your brows look always nice!! I've bought a bunch of different brow stuff lately but I still rely on the 20 year old ebony pencil. To think about it, I've never tried a cake type like this. Will look into Japanese options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been playing with diffrent shapes (i tweeze the top, buttom, shape off tails fot the straight brows) and this year I found my favorite way, which is leaving them au naturel except for unibrow area...kind of block all the sweat off my eyes actually.

      Suqqu's balancing eyebrow might be thevery best I have ever tried but that doesn't stops me from trying new. Now the trend is more feminine powder like caramel orange and pinkish ones...It's too much fun to just commit to one brand .

      Delete
    2. LOL at "block all the sweat off my eyes" ;D

      Oh, I am glad you mentioned the Suqqu because I was considering it. I know very little about eyebrow products and concealers in general. I guess it's only natural because I haven't used more than a few all these years...

      Delete
  2. My sister just asked me to stock up on these for her with my next Amazon JP order! She's been using these for years and I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a quiet classic (like their cream foundation)and when i use the shu uemura brow brush, it looks way more expensive than five bucks.

      Delete
  3. How is it compared to the Kate brow powder? I saw Media in Taiwan but never got anything bc I hadn't heard of the brand back then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried kate powder...But I guess Kate is softer more powdery with a nose shadow shade, media is more condensed and it looks like black hair once on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.