Chanel Rouge Allure in Fougeuse

Out of all of these western luxury brands (that have lots of prestige and fewer substances)  Chanel (and Dior but it has been slacking off) might be one of the few that I consider worthy - Their colors are always on point and unique and packaging is always substantial. Basically I can see where the money goes to when I shell out the bucks. Anyway, the brand doesn't resonate with me as much so I don't have many toys from them...
Three years ago Carnegie Hall had one of the best seasons ever (Bruckner symphonies back to back? Yes please!) and one of the side effects was that before the concerts, I wandered around stores and bought a lot of toys (takes me years to get through the reviews). 

While Chanel isn't necessarily a me kind of brand (their style is a little too Parisian chic that I felt I was never dressed or pretty enough for it) I do appreciate their color stories each year, the shades all look well thought out, trendy and classy. I believe this was from a spring collection and somehow I was really attracted to this warm kind of hot pink called Fougeuse.
Chanel Fougeuse with Excel Rosy Dazzle (a wee too bright and glittery/unwearable), NYX Strawberry Shortcake (too blue on me) and Almay Pink for Light Medium Skin (this is identical to Revlon lip butter in Sweet Tart to me, which I really enjoy using all these year). Fougeuse has a thinner glide and a very slight white base that somehow works with this particular shade. It's brightening and refreshing and would look good with a nice dress jacket, fair skin and long smooth hair (ahem this shade is very "rich young white woman" to me and don't always look flattering depends on what I wear and how much summer farmer tan I have).
The wear of Chanel Rouge Allure is smooth and comfortable but it can get drying (this is more of a thin satin finish). There is a powdery grandma rose scent going on but I don't find it as bothersome as Armani.

 While this isn't that suitable for me (I prefer a more clear color pay off and a candy like finish), it still worth a spot in my (recently decluttered) collection. Maybe one of these days I will get those lipstick with the Lion head tube.
More glamour shots from 2020 (I got plenty of time during the lock down where I could either be at home or work) 
And the clicky tube! 
The etching on the metal is totally on point!

Comments

  1. None of Chanel lipsticks have worked out for me. All their pink and nude shades have this purple/blue undertone which looks atrocious on my yellow complexion. The last Chanel lipstick I bought was same one as yours but in shade Melodieuse, it looked so pretty when I swatched it but looked terrible on me. I don't get why all these companies are making such ugly bright clown lipstick shades these days ...like it's totally unwearable to the office. Lancome is another one, i bought a few more shades from the Ruby and Intimatte line, none worth mentioning and they are all clown shades. Seriously I hope they get rid of Lisa Eldridge cause she has makes really horrible shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I actually thought avout getting melodieuse ....I do think Chanel strikes me as a very white brand (like Emily in Paris kind) rouge coco shine already looks kinda off on me even I am sorta pale on the overall specturum...Anyway I do find brands like Black Radiance and fenty really flaterring though.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Okay forget what I said about Melodieuse. It's actually really pretty pinky peach, I highly recommend buying it, it does look good on yellow complexion...but the problem I found was that it's too bright to wear to work. That's the problem I have with most pink peach shades, they are pretty but way too bright. Estee Lauder Defiant Coral 320 was another one, very pretty but way too bright. Lolz I'm like goldilocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I’m surprised you chose this color it looks like it could be barbie pink. I love the packaging on these tho

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.