Three Dimensional Visionary Eye Palette - 03 Amber Gazing

While the three months lock down was good for clearing out blogging backlog (for lip products) it's a little different for eyeshadow palettes...Yes I still have a bunch and they still bring me joy. It's just that I never feel dressy enough to wear these eyeshadow (somehow I am okay with wearing a ton of lip gloss with face mask). 

Just like many Japanese brands, Three overhauled their eyeshadow range and introduced a new line of quad in fall 2019. The range is called Dimensional Visionary Eye Palette, and their first color story was built around warm toned gems (Rose Quartz, Ammonite, Amber, Garnet and Lace Agate).
Initially I wasn't interested (gummy packaging and that cream pan in a powdery quad...) but a Chinese blogger I like (whose palette recommendation never fail me) and various magazine kept featuring Amber Gazing.  I had no choice but to get it, for science. Afterall, I am a huge fan of boring neutral with a kick. 
As for the compact...It seems that the gummy packaging is here to stay. I can't even depot it since it contains both powder and cream pans (depotting in a bigger compact means more flyover). 
Let's look at the four pans - Amber gazing has two satin, one matte and a cream pan. 
While it might not look much - The cream base is the star of the palette.  The complex spicey orange red is clear but not oily, I can see a sunny gold sheen with very tiny fuchsia glimmer peaking through. It's great at giving subtle depth to the eyes while looking a little more defined and polished. Instead of made up look, it just gives you a warm sultry gaze. 
Upper left there is a satiny warm rose gold - this is a shade that both defines and brighten.

The soft yellow on the lower right reminds me of spices from farmers market. Yellow eyeshadow has been trendy for a few years already (Thanks to Suqqu Himawari) and this one is more neutral leaning and subdued. 

Lower left is a matte brown that reminds me of cinnamon stick, it's pigmented and very easy to defuse. 
Three Amber Gazing (it doesn't look special here but trust me it's really unique). 

Summer isn't the best time for eyeshadow swatching since my skin gets so sweaty and greasy. I will revisit it when the weather gets cooler (Oh since it's summer and Three cream shadow is essential oil based, the wear time is crap now but it might get better in fall).

Comments

  1. Pretty! Have you tried layering the powder shades on top of the cream one? I am just curious it stays on better that way. My eye lids got drier compared to a few years ago but cream eyeshadows don't seem to stick on me no matter what eyeshadow base I use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's my default method and having the cream just makes thing crease so much...I will try again when it's fall. My lid is less oily now but during summer I still sweat a lot.

      Delete
  2. I have oily lids so cream eye shadows are dead in the water for me. I don't even mind the gummy packaging--it's that cream pan that's been keeping me away from Three eye shadows, perhaps to the benefit of my pocket ^.^

    That cream shade is pretty thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shade is so magical...and it's just a mood on its own. Let's hope it works better during fall..then my undertone will clash withit....

      Delete
  3. Wow I feel like I havent seen cream shadow in a pan for a while o_O do you remember those Revlon ones that xteeener used to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH something violet....I don't mind since it's all cream. Cream and powder in the same palette is disastrous (to make it worse, add lipstick into said palette).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.