Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in 278 Code Subtils

I have mentioned that while undeniably beautiful and classy, Chanel was never a brand that resonated with me.  Anyway I am a grown human with multiple weakness...When my favorite Chinese blogger listed a Chanel palette as her seasonal (even yearly) favorite, I knew I had to hunt it down. 

Anyway, since I was too late when I got enabled, the Spring  2017 limited edition shade was already pulled from the counter...With some casual stalking on ebay, I finally got my own three years later!
Love the classic compact (but wish it opens bigger angle (that the 90 degrees). There are two sponge tips applicators that are smooth, plushy and highly practical.
The four baked pans in this palettes are
1. Upper Left - A soft metallic pink (more silvery than a true rose gold)
2.Upper Right - Metallic taupe with a rosy undertone. It's high impact yet really blends into skin.
3. Lower  Left - Burgundy coppery kind wine? This is slightly less creamy and appears to be clearer.
4. Khaki brown with a soft pink sheen. In fact, all four shades have a pink sheen allover and have the same metallic shimmery finish.
As with other western (White ahem) brands - I can't count on them to give dimension to the eyes (many of those tend to work better on people with defined eye socket). Code Subtils is still quite flaterring when I use them flat (placing different colors horizontally, trying to not go above my tiny crease space). The effect created is a glossy, melt in look that enlarges and brightens.
The texture is also quite smooth and silky with great adherence to skin. No fly out or harsh border!
I am wearing Code Subtil at home (doing nothing) and I feel so pretty! The key to a palette love is not wanting to remove it (for next toy) after swatching for blog. 
Overall - I love it and wish I have hoarded a backup (there is only 2g for the whole palette).

Comments

  1. That's so pretty, but like you, I have zero interest in Chanel ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of the highend that I see where my money goes to...but I just dont feel myself wearing those colors most of the time.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful quad! So glad to hear you finally crossed this off the list! The colors reminds me of Tisse Rivoli but this one has prettier finishes all across the palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am not feeling the rest of Chanel but do love a glossy bling bling finish!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to get a Chanel quad for the longest time! But I rarely see colors that intrigue me, plus Chanel doesn't really go on sale. Do you like it more than Tom Ford?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The shades work on me so much better than Tom Ford (and packaging is smaller and sleeker). Then again I only have one Tom Ford palette so it's not comprehensive Comparison.

      Delete
    2. Ouuu I’ll try one out then. I am not a fan of Chanel’s plastic packaging bc of my powder foundation that broke, but I def want to try out their shadows

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.