Jam - Glossier Generation G

Fourth and last Generation G in my stash. I totally plan to get Leo as soon as it's back in stock (it's currently 68 bucks on eBay, nah thank you) and as for Like, I am not feeling the medium powdery pink. You probably are sick of all the repeat but for first time visitors, the Gen G is vibrant with thin chiffon like texture. While the limited shade range looks boring at a glance, 
This picture is more about the weeping cherry blossom
Jam is a blackened berry - the kind of color I have longed for since the days of Revlon Va Va Violet but never quite found the one that's suitable for casual interaction (outside goth convention or Hot Topics).

Zip and Jam are deeper and a patchier (you can see how they cling onto my arm hair) while Crush and Cake are smoother with a little soft powdery finish.
With a few layers - Jam wears like natural grape juice stain. A more vibrant (but still reasonably wearable) blackened purple can be achieved with layering. It's very late 90s K drama female villain and I kind of love it. 
As with all other Gen G - I love that it gives the longevity and look of lip stain without all the side effects. It's not as flattering as the other three shades but I still like it. 

Comments

  1. Ooohh nice! Jam is definitely on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from Zip (that has better dupe) all these are quite wearable...I wish more brands would do this light blotted kind of lipstick.

      Delete
    2. Me too! Opaque statement lips are best for special occasions and not really everyday wear for me.

      Delete
  2. You did it. I couldn't take it any longer and ordered a boy brow/Gen G set for myself. :O ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrat! I hope you got Jam (that one has the best formula and shade imo)...Not feeling boy brow though and it's so hard using it as clown makeup.

      Delete
    2. Alas! I got Crush because it looked easiest to wear to my eyes. I will get Jam too if I like the formula enough. I have a feeling that it might be similar to Romand Zero Velvet tint and I am excited to compare these two.

      Delete
    3. My finger made a booboo....I meant Crush is the best formula.
      Jam is a little patchy (like Zip) but I do like wearing it because it's 90s in a good way...Out of all four Zip is the most replaceable. Cake is most unique but you don't wear warm shades...

      Delete
    4. LOL. Mine made a booboo, too! I meant Romand See Through matte tint. I think Gen G is a unique formula anyway, though. I'm excited! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.