Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai

When Bite first released its Amuse Bouche lipsticks 2-3 years ago, it was allover the internet (funny now it's almost forgotten). I  have a positive inpression on the brand, having gotten several from Marshalls and TJ (5-6 bucks each) but didn't like them enough to pay full price. Haha, not for that vibrator packaging...
This one is Sephora birthday perk from two years ago. Chai is a medium deep brownish rose with a very smooth texture, offering coverage without the help of white base. From my very limited experience with Amuse Bouche, Chai is more similar to the Butter Cream formula, only a little less creamy in a nice, skin fitting kind of way.

Some other shades are dryer and thinner.  don't mind either as long as they are not greasy and thin.
As for the shade - Bite nailed it again with the color. It's a very grown up and chic shade that looks timeless instead of dated/auntie. Best of all it looks great without the need to wear foundation! Estee Lauder, Cle de Peau and Shiseido should take some note on that...

I didn't expect to like it but I will be reaching for it a lot during summer. 

Comments

  1. How come Chai looks so pretty on you?! I had a mini of this and some other skinny matte (it was one of those Sephora birthday sets, I think) but both looked like death on me. It's a shame because I really like the formulations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess maybe it's too warm for you...I do have another of those matte lipstick, it's so cool that it makes my lips look like a pair of cooked liver.

      Delete
  2. Wow that color looks much better on skin/lips than in the tube. I always wanted to try their lipsticks but never bought 1 (except a crayon pens that was $6 at Sephora last year).
    I always choose skincare products for the bday reward :x their makeup colors tend to be too bold for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sephora skin care birthday perks are usually tiny so I went for lipstick, since it's reasonable size that won't get used up anyway.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.