Peripera Water Gel Tint in No.5 Chili Press

For someone who snubs KBeauty and lip tint/lip stain, I sure have a hell lot of Korean tints. But listen, I have got perfectly good excuse for that. CVS prints a long scarf of coupon everytime I visit and among the dozens of coupons I could always find something to stack with ongoing discounts (for a few bucks, why not get some fun toy to look at). 
See? $3.14 was pratically free! (And it's also the same as ATM machine charge so it was like withdrawing cash and get a cheap toy!)
Peripera Water Gel Tint is...a watery gel that isn't too different from other tint. It feels more watery (inky) and not too jelly and comes with generic candy scent and a sweet taste. 
It comes with a standard doe foot and you can see it's quite pigmented that there is no way to wear it as a soft stain. 
Chilli Press is a deep brownish red in a clear base (while I like clear color, brown is one of the few shades that looks better with milky opacity) 
Peripera Fun Place Deep Red, Innisfree Vivid Lip Cream (one of the worst lip products I have ever tried, so blotchy and uneven) and Peripera Chili Press 

With its watery texture and intense color pay off, a first layer result a fuzzy application that bleeds a little around my mouth.
Since the formula is resonably light weight, I can draw over the fuzzy line to get a neater finish.
And holy this is too pigmented. While the stain is comfortable freshly applied, it does get a little drying after a while (not a problem for me). 

For a lip stain, the quality is actually pretty good, although I would never wear it out door (I like wearing clown makeup at home though and nowadays I am at home a lot. #quarantine #socialdistancing

 Product like this also looks great on those short videos app (where you apply a ton of filter on top anyway).  
With a sticky gloss (B&C lab lip silicone, this one is ancient because I need something sticky to help taking it off.
After 1 minutes of rubbing with micellar water and cotton pad, it's still not coming off. See what I mean when I say a product that ruin your whole day?

Comments

  1. wow, that is one pigmented lip tint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you can buy Peripera at CVS! I haven't bought any from the brand in a while but I do remember their tints are one of the strongest (and driest...)! I usually just use a dab and use a cotton swab to spread the color thinly. This way it looks more natural and less drying although I'd still need to gloss over it like all day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been selling Peripera (and it's skin) for 2-3 years now but mostly the bigger stores, I have seen some at 57th and 7th Ave and the Timesquare one....That's the reason I have so many KBeauty products.

      Anyway, compared to Innisfree/Mamonde/Etude house, Peripera is generally much more wearable and even...3-5 dollars is a fair price for those toys.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.