Lip Essence Galore - Majolica Majorca, Canmake, Lucas Paw Paw and Ettusais

Lip balm is the kind of like rubber hair tie (well they don't disappear into nowhere), I can always use another tube. I personally prefer liquid balm/essence as they feel thicker and more comforting with nice shine. Here are some squeeze tube lip essence I have gotten in the last 3 years. 
Majolica Majorca Honey Plump lip gloss is the only glossy essence in the range (I haven't tried their gloss so I don't know how they compare). The texture is only mildly viscous, runnier than most clear gloss I have tried. 
It's lightly moisturizing without obnoxious sweet scent. It's a decent formula for the price (500yen) and can be used as stand by lip rescue (when I can't find other thicker treatment).  The tube is tiny so it will be used up quickly, the formula isn't anything special. 
Lucas Paw Paw Ointment is a multi balm (the small tube has a slanted tip that's easy on the lips). It's moderately quenching and soothing and rather affordable for this tube. 
The gel is easy to squeeze but not too runny. I can get a big glob and cover my lips in a thick layer. I didn't see magical effect but the fermented papaya is indeed gentle (no weird smell or taste) while getting its job done.  It's not bad having it around but overall pretty average.
Canmake Day and Night lip serum is a runny milky gel that works like a lotiony mask on the lips. 
The formula is both nourishing and hydrating (and maybe more potent than many 500 yen lip essence).
There is a little opacity to it but I don't mind it. Since I had this tube for 3 years, it's smelling weird already. It's pretty nifty but I think it might be discontinued.
I reviewed the red one three years ago so it will be short - Canmake Melty Smooth Oil Gloss is an oil gel hybrid gloss that's moisturizing, comfortable and flattering. 
Even though this is the kind of color changing pink that turns brighter - The pigment is low enough that it doesn't turn magenta. The glossy finish is jelly but non gunky, this tiny 4.5 g tube will be finished quickly before it goes bad.  (I would have prefered a clear one just to be used overnight). 
Lastly, my favorite one of the bunch -Ettusais Lip Essence was released almost a decade ago and has been winning many magazine prize. It was so popular that every year, there were multiple limited edition collaborations...I jumped into the bandwagon one year too late (I remember seeing snoopy tubes last winter but nada for 2019) so I only have the regular tube. 
I grabbed one of the Deep Moist version during my recent trip (who needs to pack lip balm when you are in a beauty product wonderland aka Japan) as my lips were bleeding and peeling. All it took was a few hours for me to convert. 

The scent free, spf18 PA++ lip essence has a rich (but easy to squeeze and spread) "hyper gloss oil" formula that's deeply moisturizing. Not only it gets rid of bleeding mouth, dead skin overnight, it also plumps lips from within. Unlike many western lip products that plumps, ettusais gives no numbing or tickling sensation. 

The formula heals so well that it still works (leaving me with baby lips) for a few hours after it's wiped off. This is by far the best lip treatment I have ever used and consider it's only 1200 yen for 10g (same unit price as the Canmake oil gloss), there is nothing to complain about. 
(This is a hasty picture after some tacky peripera lip tint that won't come off, the essence is untinted). Where have you been all my life? 

I will make sure to hoard half a dozen whenever I visit Japan (hopefully they will roll back those Disney or Sanrio packaging).

Comments

  1. Oohhh hmmm I might need to try some of that Ettusais Lip Essence. I don't like the sticks for sure, but I haven't tried the liquid version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried it because I had a few that worked alright (it's lip balm how good can it be?) and I was wrong! I think the ettusais lip essence and suqqu creamy glow moist lipstick are the best winter proof lip products I have tried...Ettusais works continuously/longer term.

      Delete
  2. I saw the ettusais in hello kitty and winnie the pooh! Hm if it’s that good I shall try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I missed out all the LE print I ended up ordering on ebay (didn't get kitty this time),I went for gudetama and snoopy. I prefer ettusais over dior glow, bite lip mask (hard to squeeze during winter) and jack black (pretty drugstore level performance).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.