Chifure Eye Color in 79 Brown Pink

Chifure might be unfamiliar to most of you (outside Japan) but it actually has a big presence locally: Not only there is a small display in almost every drugstore big or small, counters (for their more premium skincare and brushes) can be found easily in department stores and a billboard (saying just the brand ちふれ in plain background) seen at Shibuya crossing. It's a pretty well known brand that only aim to serve their domestic market.

 I can see why, many of their makeup have incredible quality, the price is unbelievably low (expanding the business means more cost that will be taken away from product development). Today, I will show you an eyeshadow duo that's around three bucks (made in Japan and all).
I first noticed the brand (well duh it's everywhere) because in many drugstores, there are handwritten notes by the employees, telling you which product is the best seller in that particular branch. This little eyeshadow has the sticker right next to, I was thinking if it's good enough for the locals, it's good enough for me. Being just 360yens, I would be a fool not trying it. 
The compact is small, dainty and tougher than Canmake, the friction fit eyeshadow pan are tucked in securely (I don't see glue on the back). There is a small double sided sponge that's surprisingly good, it's smooth (though a wee plasticky) and perfect for this particular texture. I can wash it a few times and it won't break up.  

There is a short ingredient list on the back and I found the English translation on Chifure Global Site .

MICA | SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL | SILICA | OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE | DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE | DIISOSTEARYL MALATE | ZINC MYRISTATE | MAGNESIUM STEARATE | MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL | METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER | PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE | MINERAL OIL | TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE | METHICONE | METHYLPARABEN | TOCOPHEROL | TALC | IRON OXIDES | TITANIUM DIOXIDE |
The eyeshadow is firmly pressed (using finger or sponge yields little to no fly out) and as you can see, rather pigmented especially by Japanese standard. Actually it's a myth calling Japanese eyeshadow sheer, many of them are sufficiently pigmented but can be worn in thin veil (in that way the shimmer also get showcased). I wouldn't say the colors are complex nor that there is galaxy glimmer. This duo is definitely not flat, boring or run of the mill (or it would never survive all these decades in Japan). 

The brown in the duo is warm and nutty but I see a warm pink sheen underneath, the peach on the right is sheer and glowy but it's more subdued, not that golden peach pink seen from American drugstore brands. 
The two shades from Chifure 79 layer well together, the texture isn't too loose so it never gets ruddy. Since it's so pigmented, I need to limit the area so it doesn't get smoked out (if you have bigger lid space this won't be an issue). My swatch picture look uneven (trying to catch the sun after work) but it's not that boring in real life.
Overall it gives a warm pinkish brown look that adds depth and definition. It's not ground-breaking but it's something that I reach for when I don't want to think much about makeup. It's excellent at 3 bucks and this is why I love Japanese makeup, you can choose to pay highend (from which you get sleek design, unique color pairing and high quality packaging) but you can also pay as little as a few bucks and look polished for work or date. 

Unlike western conglomerate, Japanese beauty brands don't discriminate on class or wage (sale girls at counters do, eh). 

Comments

  1. I still haven't bought any new makeup this week or last week. I did do a back2mac got eyeshadow, but not really a purchase. Lolz I'm exhausted, I still read the latest new releases but I just glaze through it. Literally gone to makeup rehab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too me too! Ok I got a three lipstick this week (bough a three eyeshadow last week) but I dont have anything to buy for sephora 20% off sale...Even if I go on low buy I still have a ton to review because I hoarded that much...

      Delete
  2. Get this...I've been wanting to get the Bobbi Brown eyeshadow brush $54aud because apparently Bobbi Brown brushes are good, I see heaps of mua use BB brushes. Anyway my local Mecca had it in stock and I looked at the brush...it's pretty much exact same thing as Clinique/EL eyeshadow brush...same natural hair, made in China...so that just pretty much confirms it Bobbi Brown is pretty much high end Lauder brands...$54aud...I can pay a phone bill with that...no thank you...I still haven't bought any new makeup literally over it. My holy grail foundation...is still Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear foundation...after trying so many foundation all these years, I have literally a cold palace of concubine foundations and Lancome is still the empress after all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The western high end brand brushes are ripoff ...nowadays I just use the sponges from Daiso or Japanese drugstore brands.(and randomly I thought phone and internet services are ripoff here as well in China they get 100GB of data for $18 bucks while pay $50 for 10GB...it used to be 2GB).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.