SUQQU Moisture Lipstick in Kouyou

After Suqqu discontinued its Creamy Glow Lipstick (with the simple yet iconic slim black tube) - Two new ranges were released - The Extra Glow has a gaudy gold tube and the Moisture Rich seems a litter easier on the eyes.
 The lacquered tube is heavy and clunky with awkward cut off around the closure - It's nice to collect at least one but I won't be looking for more.
 
The interior has a clean cut (ahem, unlike the shoddily made Tom Ford tubes)
On top of the tube there is a reflective part that (isn't but) can function as a mirror.
103 Kouyou (Scorching Sun) was from Fall (or Holiday) 2017 and I got it around spring of 2018 (last summer was so humid and hot that the hydrangeas were blooming beautifully). The color is a creamy warm coral that's not unlike Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist in Momosuishou (I kept bitching about it but ended up finished it up). There is a tad bit of white base to the color but that's because my own lip color is quite red.
While I wouldn't call it the most beautiful coral I have ever tried (Revlon and Maybelline released some unbeatable classics in the past) but the texture of Suqqu Moisture Rich is unmatched, it's thick balmy but not sticky and it's incredibly moisturizing and comforting on the lips. I feel that it's a pretty noticeable step up from the Creamy Glow Moist, so good that I even want another one (despite the thicc tube).

Comments

  1. Agree. The tube is horrific but the formula is spectacular. I really hate the tubes but still ended up with a dozen of these lippies and love them. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to get another Extra Glow (love the formula and I don't mind the case becaseu only the base is gold) but now I want to try this as well. :0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.