Majolica Majorca Majolook Illuminator BR-355 Melancholy

Here is a little break from all the lippie reviews (they will assume shortly because lip gloss are perfect for muggy summer when my whole face is a grease ball). You all know I adore everything Majolica Majorca, even though they haven't come up with any exciting themed collection in years. I have look at its past and slowly hoarded many palettes from the past. 
The Majolook Illuminator Palettes were among its classics since 2010s and many are still available up to this date. BR-355 is something I didn't have and it appears to be a basic that many people really love. 
Just like all of their palette, there is a alphanumeric name BR355 and one in Japanese - This particular one is called Melancholy  (a totally random and somewhat chuunibyou 中二病).
 On top is a white cream base that I stopped bothering with as it only makes everything slip right off. Far left there is a soft skin beige, followed by a warm medium brown lid shade, the liner is a medium-deep brown. The pigmentation is great and texture smooth, but I didn't like how all three are uniformly glowy (so I can't get a nice glossy dimension)
 
All three shades of Majolica BR355 layered together. The whole palette has a somewhat warm orange undertone that's not bad but I don't find it as exciting as other neutral by the brand. For example, the golden khaki undertone of BR-788 and slightly glossy texture way more flattering.
Since I find the palette a little flat for my liking - It's glitter to the rescue with Aritaum Shine Fix Eyes. 09 Santa Baby is a rich metallic orange bronze that's smooth and easy to put on. 
Aritaum Santa Baby layered allover on top - I think I will be wearing this a lot in the fall (currently my whole face is too sweaty and greasy for this, or any eyeshadow for that matter) 
On an unrelated note, I am happy with my current brow, not too plucked and just enough bush...I should wear a clear brow gel of some sort.

Comments

  1. Love that Santa Baby! Speaking of which, I wonder if Aritaum released any more colors for that range. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought six more since my last review and just cant stop loving it...I wish there are more cool toned shades though. Too much orange, pink and red!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.