Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is a brand classic that has been around for years and years. when I saw Sephora including it as a point perks last year, I finally redeemed some points for one.
The full sized one has a sleek brushed silver tube while the mini has a deep red plastic packaging. Of course half size is more than enough for me to play with. 
The lipstick is neither draggy dry nor buttery, it gives a moderately smooth slide that deposits an even but thin layer of color. There is a slightly glossy finish immediately after application but it slowly dries down to a satin balmy stain. It wears comfortable through out, not sinking into lip line. 
Black Honey is a wearable clear brownish plum. In a way it's like Ilia Arabian Night, with a better wear and true warm plum that doesn't lean magenta. I like it a lot and maybe one day I will get one (and pink honey) full sized. 

Comments

  1. Looks great on you! I initially didn't like the color but have since warmed up to it and am on my nth tube now ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I can run through lippies as quickly. The only nth tube I am on is the fresh Sugar rose lip balm!

      Delete
  2. Wow that's pretty I might buy it tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When clinique does holiday set you can get it at a great deal (but the original price is fairly affordable already). I am really eyeballing pink honey right now.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! Always remember back in the day how often it got talked about, not so much now and I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's so versatile that there isn't much to talk about (and clinique hasnt come up with such an iconic product other than the flower blush). I have the lipstick and gloss right now and maybe I will get the black honey blush later!

      Delete
  4. Wtf I bought it today. They were out of stock last week it is a really popular iconic lipstick. They didn't have the tester for it because I assume people steal it. When I looked at the box it only contained 1.9g! And it cost me $39aud! That is one hell crazy expensive lipstick. And the silver tube is so cheaply made it look like it would break anytime. Yeah seriously 1.9g is mini size. This must be the most expensive lipstick that I've bought. It's purple but applies pink. Nice color but what a rip off by greedy estee lauder Inc. I might look at their chubby stick and lip pop lipsticks next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg it's like 18usd (so just a few bucks more than the drugstore ripoff)here...aussie price is outrageous...And it's certainly not worth it. For that price you can get maquillage and coffret dor real lipsticks...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.