Weekend Spying - Ume Cosme in K-town and Fall Drugstore Sighting

Korea town in Manhattan is never short of beauty stores but this one actually got me pretty excited. Ume Cosme just moved from East Village to Ktown on Broadway. 
Ume Cosme store is an Asian beauty store that carries a curated selection of Japanese and Korean products (a little bit more Japanese) with some but reasonable markup.  When they were at East Village, they had a pretty good selection of various interesting makeup items but with their move to the busy K town, the selection became visibly smaller but each item has better stock. 

Now Laduree is gone and replaced by Anna Sui products (a season behind) and some Paul and Joe (a few swatches killed off any lemming I had), I saw lip gloss that I loved back in 2010/supposedly long discontinued. 
On the bright side, they have a pretty good stock on Canmake palette! They even have the matte pink palette that I couldn't find online. There were also Kate Brown Shade eyes and the most popular of Excel Skinny Rich Shadow SR03. They are stocking the most loved products of each line (which means something I already got if I was interested). 

Beside palette, they also have Canmake concealer trio, brush, glitter topper, secret skin powder and a good deal of stay on balm rouge ($13 isn't too bad).
And look they have Suqqu lipsticks! I didn't see the price and was afraid to ask. On the right is 3ce stuff that the owner seems to like enough (as they are still here). Lots of lip products and random sunscreen are gone...Sad. 
On the bright side they have the entire love liner collection (left is 2018 color collection right is the permanent range) and they lowered the price from 20 to 18 dollars! 
From left to right - Pink Brown,Burgundy, Khaki Black, Milky Brown and Coral Brown.  I already have the brown and coral so I got this years version of khaki as it seems a little more green/less black.  Anyway, if you are new to Japanese products you will like this place as they picked stuff with good reviews...For me there isn't much to explore.
I walked down south a bit (since I was craving Trader Joe macarons and mango slices) and stopped by Innisfree aka The Body Shop of Korea. There are new Tinted lip balm that looks kind of like Glossier. 
At Sephora there is a new Korean made brand Kaja Beauty with really cute packaging. I like the brow pomade with fiber but I will need to resist as it's made of gummy packaging. 
I spotted some new Revlon while buying pads at Rite Aid (I recently realized that women of NJ, NY and CT are Lucky since we don't have tampon tax!). The collection is Bold Eyes with been-here-done-that shades...It's a shame seems the quality of these shadow pots are pretty good (just like MAC paint pot).
I kind of sort of like the green...Hmm maybe I should just save my pennies for Colourpop instead (they are more fun to wear anyway).
Lip Boldly - They are supposedly limited edition but there are some familiar names so I suppose it's just the tube...
Almay Good Vibe (Looks like Revlon lipstick with paper tube). At the same price the Sephora Lip Stories are much more tempting.
Lastly, cute brushes from Wet n Wild. Might get one if it goes on 40% off sale.

Comments

  1. What was the other Jbeauty store that you post photos of sometimes? Was it Alpha Beauty or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Kam Man (second Floor of the super market) but it's mostly skincare/haircare. Everyday beauty lab has some random makeup as well but still mostly skin and hair stuff...

      Alphabeauty is the ebay store/online store I bought since 10 years ago!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.