Shu Uemura Tint in Gelato in Graffiti Orange

Shu Uemura Vision of Beauty was a limited edition back in 2016, I guess things weren't going too well as I found many of the items put on clearance a year later. Most of the product were graphic brights eye liner (that's done by every brand anyway) so I went with the squeeze tube Tint in Gelato.
Consider how pigmented Tint in Gelato are, a big tube like this will last me two decades, at least it's much more hygienic than the sponge.
The texture is the same as the tubed version. A fluffy mousse cream formula that's extremely pigmented but easy to control. The bright orange blends out to be a sunny apricot with semi clear/frosted finish. It works well on bare or primed (with sunscreen) skin but I haven't tried it with base makeup yet. 
At the sale price of 20 bucks, it was a steal and if I see a truly unique color, I might even pay full price for it. It's not happening any time soon as their seasonal collections are kind of boring (the themes are cool but I don't love any of the actual makeup).

Comments

  1. Off topic but I have found my HG face moisturizer routine but I pray MAC don't discontinue it which they always do. I mix my Moogoo face creams with MAC Studio Moisture Cream or Complete Comfort cream with a drop of Moogoo rosehip oil. It sounds complicated but it's really simple routine, I mix everything together into my bespoke recipe. I bought MAC Complete Comfort cream because my face was so dry it was peeling. I went through all the drugstore Avene and Cetaphil and LA Roche Posay route but none didn't do much. The MAC SA recommended it but I didn't think too much of MAC skincare. But it turns out it's really good, it has a nice whipped texture kinda like Korean skincare and absorbs really fast into skin but also will hydrate it instead of just sitting on top of the skin. Anyway a bit of research online reveals that the MAC comfort cream used to be owned by Prescriptives (which is also owned by Estee Lauder) but was shut down years ago so they gave to formula to MAC. Anyway of course, MAC has now discontinued the Comfort Cream so I'm now using the MAC Studio Moisture Cream which has similar ingredients. Anyway I think the reason why MAC discontinued the Complete Comfort cream is because bloody Estee Lauder is now bringing back Prescriptives to the market and so MAC needs to give it back to Prescriptives. They can sell the same formula at a much higher price. I use Moogoo skincare because they use ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate for vitamin C at an affordable price. When I mix the creams together my face feels like a baby butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I never knew MAC had skincare! I just splurged on a large tub of tatcha indigo cream (and loving it!) so I am good for this winter. I actually always loved mixing a bit of rosehip oil with facial moisturizer since my skin gets too dry during winter (it also brightens a little). Now I am using drunkelephant vitamin c (oil base serum) so rosehip on top is too much and a little irritating. But I think I might go back to the rosehip+light cream if the humidity drops again!

    Btw love reading your "novels" Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.