Integrate Triple Recipe Eyes in PK704


Back in fall 2016. Integrate went through a complete brand revamp, everything was changed from product line up, spoke models and packaging. It saddened me a little knowing that Integrate would now be the preferred child from Shiseido, one getting all attention (meanwhile I kept on waiting for new Majolica Majorca release).

A new line of eyeshadow came out then, replacing all previous mirror compact ones.  The new red compact is light weight, mod-looking and thankfully less scratch-prone. The heart design is adorable and deep enough that you get many wears before destroying whole pattern. There are five shades available and while the warm apricot brown was more popular (and sold out while I looked), I got the warm pink.
On the right there is a white (with faint pink base) and a glitter top coat. On the left panel there are three main shadow shades. Peachy pink beige, coral pink lid shade and a velvet brow with pink sheen. The three shade have different degrees of sparkle/shine so you can adjust how shiny/muted you want the whole look by a little. When I layers all five shades together, the whole look is glowy and clear. 
Compared to other Integrate palettes, the Triple Recipe Eyes is more pigmented, smoother, less coarse/dry (but it's not as soft and melty like Visee) and the liner shade is surprisingly rich. 

In the other hand, the new black sponge applicator is porous and way worse than the previous plush white ones. When I use the sponge, the shadow actually felt like smooth sand. The improvement in powder texture was completely overturned by the crappy sponge tip.

Ok, I do have lot of brushes around but I actually find the sponges more practical for the palettes they are accompanying, they are usually smooth (urgh not this) and grabs a good deal of powder without fallout. 
PK704 all shades applied in gradation. Overall the texture is good but nothing out of ordinary (there are many drugstore palettes that feel much more expensive than they cost, this one doesn't)  and the whole color scheme is too similar to Pure Big Eyes in PK333 , just more opaque. Frankly I prefer the sheer and dreamy finish of Pure Big Eyes, even with the dry texture.
But that eyeliner shade is neat though, look how intense it is. I thought this range is not a must have...Until I saw this image from @cosme Instagram (limited shade for this fall)...
Must hunt them down...

See, this is why I can never go on a no-buy.

Comments

  1. Actually, this gradation looks great on you! Somehow, I can never my result to show that lovely gradation like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The secret is to use the sponge tip that comes with the palette...even the horse hair mini brush are quite handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have this in the hello kitty packaging in 2021 o.o I wonder if I should get this or the BR703

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.