HABA White Lady Vitamin C Serum

Just looking at the content of the blog, you probably have noticed that I don't talk much about skincare (and prefer to blow my income into pretty, shiny color makeup instead). It's not because I have great skin or I don't enjoy blabbing about it (in fact I got a lot to say about them, you are about to see).  Up until 2016, my skincare has been the basic cleansing, sun protection (not religiously as I should) and moisturizing (facial oil). I started looking into some target area two years ago, when I felt that mother nature is starting to kick me in the gut...

Everybody ages differently, as someone with decently resilient skin, my first visible sign of getting old is the hyperpigmentation (spots, old and new, from sun and inflammation, spots everywhere!) and the sallowing, dulling of skin during winter (but that could just be circulation).  

While I was still figuring out a routine, my spots were getting so out of hand that I felt the need for BB cream and foundation (doing makeup as necessity instead of fun?) , even then the dark spots would still peeking from underneath. That's when I knew my basic routine wasn't enough.

Vitamin C is a known ingredient that deals with dullness and hyperpigmentation, something I picked as a starter anti-aging tool. I have tried my fair share of vit c the last two years and now it's time for review one by one this week. First up it's a...White Lady by Haba. If you think this name is bad, they also have White Knight.
As a brand that focus on sensitive skin, HABA has a simple approach to skincare. Most of their products have short ingredient list that free of common offenders of delicate skin (alcohol, additives, harsh preservatives or active that are too strong). White Lady is a light serum with water soluble vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate) to brighten, bamboo water plus sodium hyaluronate to lightly moisturize and licorice extracts to calm. 

The light watery serum is designed be used right after washing face and followed by their own Vitamin C lotion (Japanese lotion is more of a toner). I started using White Lady by itself in early 2016, padding two to three pumps onto washed face day and night. The serum has a slightly sweet scent and a light texture that's a great indicator of my skin condition: when my skin is moisturized, it's hydrating and feels light as water. On days when my skin is dehydrated, it feels much stickier, like sugared water. 

While this particular formula isn't known for robust spot fighting or skin lightening, it was still visibly effective two to  three weeks of continuous use.  It's doesn't do that much for dark spot but it's effective on getting rid  of newly formed acne marks and clearing up dullness allover. I love how it gives a healthy and clarity to the skin without causing any reaction or discomfort. 
Anyway, when I used it twice daily, each 30ml bottle lasted me three months so compared to other harsher formula that I can't use everyday (and $80 ones that oxidize quickly), the HABA is actually a good value for the money.  

I have gone through 4 bottles of this the last two years and still have one bottle on stand by. Even when I get side tracked by other VC products, I always keep the HABA as my comfort blanket.

Ingredients: Water, sasa kurilensis (bamboo) water, glycerin, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-51, sodium hyaluronate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, citric acid.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I think I'll try this to see if it'll help clear up my recent acne scars. And no shark squalane, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drunk elephant work exceptionally well for my older acne scars even though I had initial minor (the smaller red bumps) brealout with it for weeks. Get the 23 mini (rise and glow) instead of the full size because it oxidises rather quickly ...

      Haba is more of an allover clarifying one it should be good enough for your need...(I assume everybody else is less of an obsessive picker than me)

      Delete
  2. Ok I'll try HABA first and if that doesn't help I'll try Drunk Elephant next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.