Moon Prism Power Makeup!

As a girl who grew up in the 90s, Sailor Moon is something that occupied a significant chunk of my childhood. The TV series made its debut in 1992 (while I was in pre K) and ran through my years in elementary school. Through out the years, I collected a bunch of their flash cards (not the one for studying the holographic sticker cards) , all the manga and tried to catch all the episodes (but didn't always make it home on time). 

Even though I didn't survive the live action series (I lost it /lmao-ed every time I saw Endymion and his ginormous shoulder pads) and have only hate-watched the Sailor Moon Crystal. I am still susceptible all things Sailor Moon...

2017 marks the 25th Anniversary of the series and when I saw the promo image for Maquillage's powder case, I knew I had to get it. Finally, a proper homage to my beloved series (that doesn't look like plastiky toys). 
The limited product released last April is Maquillage Dramatic UV pressed powder and case (there a limited primer). The case is light weight but with intricate details. On the sides, moons and stars are lining up on the rainbow (like music notes).

When you take a closer look, you will find all the symbols of the inner planets with the stars. It's so pretty and I can't even...put up description.
As for powder itself, I won't review it today because by the time it showed up on Hong Kong based etailer, only OC-20 was available (still a little too dark for me with a summer tan). Anyway, refill by Shiseido's Integrate, Majolica fit the case with no problem. 
I don't know what else to say. I guess the designer should do another with outter planets, the gemmy villains (Kunzite, Zoisite, Jadeite, Nephrite and Beryl), Dark Moon kingdom etc... I can hope right?

Comments

  1. What do you think of Korean cosmetics and skincare? You think they are better than Japanese or Western brands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more about personal preference though. I prefer Japanese makeup because the aesthetic is more my thing ( korean lip tints all went straight up magenta on me) and I am more into Japanese brands packaging. Brands like etude house, innisfree and aritaum makes excellent color makeup for the price but the texture, shades and overall feel don't look as polished (I wear visee /canmake to work but similarly priced korean color makeup would look...a little too playful aka cheap for office setting.

      As for skincare, Japanese sunscreen are irreplaceable but the rest of my routine is a mixture of North American (actives treatment essence) , Japanese (vitamin c for sensitive skin, foaming wash) and korean (scrub and cleanser). I do like most of the korean skincare items I have tried, from low budget to high end. I just haven't tried enough products to say korean skincare is better or worse (the question is too broad). I am just happy that they are so easy to buy online and in store.

      Anyway,right now I like Japanese makeup the most and I think their quality is notably better than western and korean brands. For skincare I gravitate to American (and Canadian) plus korean brands simply because they are either readily available or less marked up.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mina!

    Thought I'd say pop by and say hello. Hope you well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How’s the powder?? I wanted to get it but it’s a little too expensive on ebay and my cousin couldnt find it in Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent used it yet because it's too dark for me at the moment ...I also have too many powder lined up at the moment (albion chiffon is a good one I have been using)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.