Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream

Before KBeauty became full blown popular (is it really?) in US, Dr Jart is one of the first few brands that entered my memory, it did so as the Grandmother of BB creams(gray and thick enough to paint your wall with). Many years has passed and now it's a having regular spot at Sephora, in the skincare side. 

When the new Cicapair collection first landed in the US market, I was immediately drawn to the derpy tiger on their post and claims that it contains some magical herbs on which the wounded tigers roll onto after intense battle. Yup, I like the sound of that gimmick.

As with most Korean brands in US, the price is always inflated but the annual Sephora sale brought it down a little. It's available at Amazon (I bought a set without safety seal, I am little iffed) and other Korean etailers if you don't mind waiting.

The full size is a 50ml in metal tube, sealed outside with clear plastic strip and an inner metallic sticker. There is a sharp pointed rod on the cap to poke the inner sticker.
The herb-scented cream is a slightly greenish thick paste that spread around easily (but it isn't melty or oily). I used it day and night, as a single moisturizer on day and final step occlusive at night. My skin is highly dependent upon my surrounding so when it was cracking dry, the Cicapair cream sank right in without much residue (and it never broke me out).

 As a thick moisturizer, it was amazing at keeping my face feel alive when the temperature was below freezing and it certainly calmed my windblown skin when it was exposed to the elements and/or over exfoliated. 

 I didn't get to test it thoroughly last year since we only got a day or two of below-freezing days (Stratia Liquid Gold was potent enough as my winter moisturizer). Now that the weather is cooling down, I have been slathering it on after physical scrub or chemical peel (6% AHA) and I know I can count on it when it gets colder in the coming weeks. 
(Did I mention my skin gets really dry?)
Water, Propanediol, Centellaasiaticaleafwater, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Ca- Prictriglyceride, Panthenol, Diisostearylmalate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Dis- Tearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Bu-Tter, Glycerylstearate, Niacinamide, Mac- Adamiaternifolia Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alco-Hol, Hydrogenatedpoly(C6-14 Olefin), Hy- Drogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenatedpolyisobutene, 1, 2-Hexanediol, PEG-8, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Palm-Iticacid, Tocopherylacetate, Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Glycerin, Stearicacid, Phe-Noxyethanol, Polyisobutene, Asiaticoside, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Madecassic A-Cid, Asiaticacid, Spirulina Platensispow- Der, Alcohol, Polysorbate20, Ethylhexylgl-Ycerin, Lavandulaangustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Adenosine, Cer-Amidenp, Citrusgrandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Hydrogenatedlecithin, Disodium EDTA, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leafoil, Anthemisnobilis Flower Oil, Sodiumhya-Luronate, Centellaasiatica Extract, Theob-Roma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Dextrin, Ho- Uttuyniacordataextract, Anibarosodora (Rosewood)Wood Oil, Centella Asiaticameristem Cell Culture, Madecassoside, Citric Acid, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Ar-Temisia Absinthium Extract, Arnicamonta-Na Flower Extract, Gentiana Lutearoot Extract, Sucrose Laurate, Sodium Glycero-Phosphate, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, Potassiummagnesiumaspartate, Ly-Solecithin, Magnesiumgluconate, Calciumgluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodiumascorbylphosphate, Sodiumbenzoate, Xanthan Gum.

Comments