Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo and Avocado Co-Wash

Lush is a hit or miss brand to me,while I have found items that's I have repuchased more than once (Shampoo bars in Montabalno and Goldiva), there are others that I do not care about (body soaps) or loathe with gritted teeth. Today, I will show you another two that didn't agree with my scalp. 
I Love Juicy is a shampoo with oils and juices of tropical fruits.  One thing I like about Lush Shampoo is that, they are more concentrated than drugstore brands so the unit price is rather affordable. The gel shampoo is no different so I need a small glob for my my head. 

Juicy smells...like juices on the brink of turning stale (neither freshly squeezed or straight up sour), just weakily acidic. It cleanses well but triggers a bad cases of itchy/oily scalp. I decided to call it quit after two weeks since it also caused breakout along my hair line. Normally I have no problem finishing up unwanted shampoo (undergarment detergent) but I am struggling with this one. I prefer my undies to smell like (nothing, ideally) something that's not unfresh tropical juice. 

Next up, a fail in the solid department. 
There was a bit of misunderstanding between me and the Avocado Cowash: How am I supposed to use it? The conditioning shampoo bar, which is soft and has the texture of chilled lotus seed paste (ever had mooncake?) which doesn't really foam. 

When I break a piece trying to lather up in my hair, it sinks in like a piece of gum. Lucikly, with lots of rubbing and actual shampoo, it goes away eventually (leaving a bit of greasy ick). I am sure there is some way to work the magic for dry ends but I am too scarred from my experience to try it for the fourth time. It's such a shame since I really like the sharp fruit smell. 

Ingredients
Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Rosemary; Lavender Flower and Nettle Infusion (Rosmarinus Officinalis; Lavandula Angustifolia; Urtica Dioica) , Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Fragrance , Glycerine , Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Cider Vinegar , Guar Gum (Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Litsea Cubeba Oil , Olibanum Oil (Boswella Carterii) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Amyl Cinnamal , *Cinnamal , *Cinnamyl Alcohol , *Citral , *Limonene , *Linalool , Chlorophyllin . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Comments

  1. Oy, the first one does contain harsher detergents - no wonder your scalp didn't like it. I have no idea about the second one. Sometimes I put oil or conditioner all over and follow up with shampoo for softer static-free results. Maybe the bar can be used like that?
    If you like more concentrated formula, you might like those slightly-more-expensive ones from drugstore like John Frieda (I'm actually a big fan).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any problem with SLS actually (I love some of their shampoo bars, and all of them contains SLS)it's the weird blend of juices and essential oils that got on my nerve. I think I have used a mint one from john frieda and liked it (not enough to stick for it like I did for lush goldiva...Honey I washed my hair was also quite nice). Shampoo bar was the most economical version actually, since I break each bar into 4 small pieces and each piece last three weeks.

      Delete
  2. I had this shampoo and I looooooooooooooved the way it smelled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell for avocado cowash...Lush is hard to pick based on smell alone since the store knocked my nose off as soon as I enter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.