Lipstick Queen Saint Rouge

Lipstick Queen Saint is one of my favorite lipstick formulas. That's not saying it's one of my favorite lipsticks ( not even close). To make a true favorite, I need a no-fuzz attractive packaging (nope for this), flattering (eh) and unique shade (nah) and a confortable wear (check). Saint only nails one of the criteria...

It just means that I need to keep testing new shades then. Am I right?
Saint Rouge is a brownish berry or should I say a wine tinged brown. It's supposedly sheer but I find it more than pigmented enough for my need.
Saint Rouge is very similar to Butter London Strawberry Field  but with a slightlysmoother richer formula (that's doesn't feel loose or waxy). 
It doesn't look bad here but that's partially due to my redder-than-usual lips (I was doing a swatch-a-thon here and my lips had been harassed by tissue several times). I mean, it's an wonderful formula and all that. I just think a clearer and more wine toned color would hit my spot (I guess Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist Akanebara is what I should stick with. At least the tubes doesn't get all sticky like Lipstick Queen).

Comments

  1. Oh...that actually doesn't look brown at all, even on your hand swatch! Okay, I'll add this color back into my Amazon cart :D Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proceed at your own risk. It doesn't look like that on me most of the time anyway (my lips did get very red toward the end of the swatch session). It's more like a 90s brown red (not sheer at all) and I hate it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel this way about Saint Berry, which definitely swatches brown on me and turns only very slightly berry on my lips. Here's to hoping Saint Rouge will be better. I did buy Saint Wine too!

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try Lipstick Queen but their colors look kinda meh to me, at least the ones at Ulta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from medieval, jean queen and maybe the brights from endless summer, the colors are indeed meh...That's why they never made it to my HG. But I do like their formula in general though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.