Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment - Cherry, Ruby and Fig

 Fresh Tinted Lip Treatments are these nifty little balms that I like to collect but not enough to pay full price for regular shades. Thanks to Sephora kits, I got to try most of the shades available. 

Last fall there was a kit with four of these lip balm and one (useless on me) sugar scrub and I grabbed it as a toys.
The three shades I review today are Cherry. Fig and Ruby. Two of which I considered buying (phew, I am glad I didn't).  
Swatch of Cherry, Ruby and Fig. The formula seems consistent across the board:Thick, glossy and nourishing. It's a formula that I can use to prevent evaporation and plump away lip lines. 

These are incredibly wobbly inside the tube so several of my minis already broke during application.
Cherry is a bright, very pigmented but not opaque red (not sure warm or cool) that looks really bright and garish on my mouth during winter and summer. I guess my skintone never settles into a shade on which the shade is wearable. I haven't given up yet. Autumn equinox is coming up.
Ruby is a clear raspberry shade with deeper berry shimmer that forms a veil like sheen. The shade doesn't do much on me and frankly I don't like these subtle shimmer without much impact...
Speaking of impact. Here comes one with mega watt impact. Sugar Fig is a clear murky brown berry with a crap load of chunky same-sized silver glitter. And oh yes, the glitters travel around like a trustfund kid.

I don't get this color, I assume it's a nod to the 90s and made for members of Destiny's Child.

Overall: I hate two of the colors and  could do without the boring sheeny Sugar Ruby. But at least I really like the set, which gave me effective lip balms, quick toys and it stopped me from blowing full price on any one of them.

Comments

  1. Actually, the Cherry doesn't look so bad! But definitely agree about the shimmers. Urgh. Do not like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sugar Cherry is rather pretty. My mouth makes certain colors really bright (it got down played by the camera though). The good part is that many fresh balms are shimmer free...Maybe they did it for gags.

      Delete
  2. Gahhhhh. I srs don't understand why makeup companies insist on putting shimmer in everything. I don't know a single person who likes it T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the shimmer part. Mica is a functional filler (instead of filler filler) that makes cream lipstick and eyeshadow smoother to the glide. I don't get these chunky glitter though...If I want them I can get the decorative glue at dollar store...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.