Aritaum Mono Eyes in City Nomad and Fancy Lavender

 
Beside the huge (to me, as there are more than 30 shades) range of Shine Fix Eyes, Aritaum has an even more extensive powder eyeshadow range called Mono Eyes. These are affordable (the marked up price is around 5-6 bucks) , comes in various finishes and quite overwhelming. The two are fillers I got when I ordered the Shine Fix Eyes (because I cannot handle the super long shipping time) .

Packaging is simple flimsy plastic with clear lid. They are bulky but can be depotted into a custom (oftenly in cute design) Aritaum palette. The two colors I got are 123 City Nomad and 99 Fancy Lavender. Among the 100+, there is one called Happy Cock... I didn't get it because I don't want to get caught Googling that on my browser history (somehow writing the phrase on my blog is ok?).
123 City Nomad is one of the duo-chrome pomegranate I kept on buying and buying. This one is semi sheer with weak lilac-teal glitter. On my eyes, it's a weaker take on the Aritaum Misty Pink (which isn't all that flattering due to it's bruise-like tone with the abundance of glitter). So, I guess if you like that sultry (infectious) lid look with less glitter, this is for you.
 
Topshop Wax and Wane, elf Soiree, Aritaum Shine Fix Eyes No.24 Misty Pink and Aritaum City Nomad
No. 99 Fancy Lavender? You call that fancy? To me, it's a boring pearly lavender that somewhat reminds me of  the Shiseido trio in Bouquet (I would call Bouquet my least Japanese palette but since it's brain-powered by Dick Page, it's merely a Japan-made palette). It's wearable enough but a little dated for my liking.
Anyway, even though there is no clear, see-through finish and rainbow glimmer. The texture is nice and smooth and the pigmentation is great. Well, since I either wear something or I don't (latter for this case)so I don't like them even the quality is decent. 

 I think these are great if you have the whole display in front of you to eye ball (if you do, let me know what does Happy Cock looks like) otherwise it's too much hazzle to order them blind (as far as I know, a lot Korean beauty blogs have swatches that are oftenly beautiful to look at but not very true to life).

P.S. I currently am taking vacation in a land of no Google (blogger), Yahoo, Facebook etc. Comment (if there is any) will be replied after May 30th. I will try to finish up as many reviews as I can while I am waiting in the airport....This is the one time I wish I complain a little less.

Comments