Maybelline Color Sensational Pop Stick in Raspberry Ice

Maybelline Color Sensational Popstick was a limited release back in 2011(link to blurry spy cam picture). I was clearly too cheap to buy it full priced (It never went on sale) and I didn't feel bad for missing out a fun and mostly gimmicky products. Anyway, while I was hunting down some limited L'Oreal Infallible and Maybelline Color Tattoo (which I missed out due to the price), I noticed that the seller also had some of these for a really good price. I ended up catching up and grabbed everything I need, for a great discount!
 
The shade I picked is Raspberry Ice - A brownish red according to the stick. On the skin, it's more of a muted berry that eventually turns into a brighter pink. The stick is rather firm and never wobbles, each swipe yields an even layer of tint that's never too harsh or bright (it just turns brighter like most color changing lip balms out there). The shine it yields is subtle and it manages to feels balm, preventing evaporation but not actively moisturize.
Blurry swatch (sunlight is scarce now the daylight saving time has ended). But you can get an idea of the finish and level of tint. Beside that eventual color-changing bit, I think it's a really fun product that's wearable and flattering. I wish the American drugstore release are as good as the one from a few years back, I used to pick up several items from each of Maybelline's seasonal collection. 

Comments