Spring Time Asian Drugstore Makeup Haul - Canmake, Kai and Miyazaki Hayao


If you think I have been hoarding too much products, you are certainly not wrong. However, this hoard was actually from fall 2014. To congratulate the passing of my board exam in one go(No, not a doctor or a pharmacist. I can analyze your chromosomes though), my mom generously offered to buy me some (what she calls) craps. The good part is that my cousin was the one who got granted the duty, so I did end up getting what I want (instead of things mom bought for herself and couldn't use/fit in).
So why am I talking about my fall haul until now? Well...I didn't ask her to send it until early December (when I actually got a job) so I didn't have to carry all these for my cross-country move (Ok, my cousin tried to send the smaller junks first but the express courier service rejected it because "cosmetics are flammable"). 

Then, my mom volunteered and said since I would be starting a new life in the east coast, she would fetch me some bedding, towels (WHY?) and gave up her hand-knit cashmere scarf(she finished another one for herself soon after), to help me get through the harsh winter...Well, she waited till mid January to send these out...with surface mail. 

As you can guess, my "winter care package" cruised the Pacific for 2 months and finally got here second week of March. I am actually not bitter (you will understand why if you have seen the baggy red gingham thing she got me, when I asked for a pair of "suit-pants for interviews").

Now to the goodies. The Peripera Lip Tint Crayon and Butter Pang were from mom's trip in Korea (she is having the time of her life after early retirement). For your information, I asked for 3CE lip paint or Etude House jelly lipstick (She probably went "Oh, this is lipstick, close enough...")

Then there is the Canmake loot: Glow Fleur Cheek (forgot the name, has strawberry in it), Mat Fleur Cheek, Jelly Stick Gloss, Creamy Touch Rouge (both red). I also got three of the cream cheek clear(clear love song, clear pink joy and clear ruby cherry)and a lash curler, which is not bad at all (that's before my discovery of the Koji curving though).

Kai is a brand for beauty tool so I got a set of tweezers, silicone ear pick and metal lash comb(of course, I/my mascara couldn't wait for it so I ended up getting one by Koji as well).
 
The makeup part was tame(because I like to buy them bit by bit/all the time). Here comes the part that excites me very much: dinner/snack ware. Because Japanese ones are just so much better made.

Jiji(from Kiki's Delivery Service) dessert fork (not that helpful for cakes but a must have if you like to dip your strawberry in a jar of Nutella) and spoon. Which will make me the most stylish yogurt scooper in the break room. I forgot to load the pictures but the back of them also has delicate cat paws prints.
Then there is the seashell tea infused with tray (so much better than the ones found in TJ-Maxx. The golden spoon was from a tea trial sets with tea from China but the spoon is from Japan. Rilakkuma fork is to match my spoons. The two simplistic ones on the right are actually from Muji (bought it in store myself), love the ergonomics and seamlessness.
Now to the Chinese part(there are a bunch of great products but many imports to U. tend to be mass-production junks.) I got another Carpenter Tan wooden comb to carry around(the two I have are still working great but I use them at home and for my wet hair). 

Duoe travellers notebook (copy cat of Midori but there are much more color choices for the leather) and refills. 
 
Two pairs of studs: a super cheap cultured pearl pair and another (still rather affordable) lapis lazuli (silver and cubic zirconia) which should go well with my cobalt tights and that Milly coat I saw on sale in Nordstrom rack. I wonder if it's still there...

Lastly, a proof (as if you need it) that I can not let a week pass without getting some cheap toys. My most recent finds at the clearance bins of Harmon includes two L'Oreal matte lip color (very impressed by them), eye shadow pencils (also turned out great), Rimmel apocalips lip lacquer in stellar and Maybelline color elixir in radiant raspberry(limited from last year/ bought at Amazon, it's brought back in the spring 15 collection though). No description necessary for the two because how often do you hear me complaining about a coral lipstick? 

Ok, that's it for my haul and hopefully it will keep me occupied while I save up for a laptop replacement(nah, not going to happen). Well, at least I will look all dolly while I type long posts with my phone... 

Have a great weekend and don't forget to buy lipstick!

Comments

  1. Aww...you should have told me you needed suit trousers for interview!!! But lovely loot you got there, and lovely basket-weave (right?) scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was two years ago (asking for suit pants)now I am wise enough to not ask her for any clothes. Actually, I had to ask her to NOT get me any clothes because ...she either buys her style(middle age lady) or thinks I am 12... I love her knit but I that scarf will clash with everything I wear (I wear lots if cool/murky tones)next winter.

      Delete
    2. Whaaaa??? Are you saying you won't wear that GORGEOUS hand-knitted scarf your mum made??? No way!!!! I wish MY mum made me that! Though funny enough here's a story for you: for this past winter my aunt knitted me a sleeveless sweater vest using those fuzzy velvety yarn in a suede brown color. And with it on I look like I'm wearing a freakin' puppy. So I guess I can understand your pain LOL

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, and I meant to say this 2 comments ago - CONGRATS!!!!

      Delete
    4. Of course I will wear it, where else can I get a nice cashmere scarf anyway? It will just clashes but I will be warm ...(so my face shape is quite similar to her but my skintone is much cooler, her choice of glasses would work perfectly but when it comes to clothes...).

      Delete
    5. But that scarf is a fuschia color, right? It should go fine with your cooler skin tone. In fact, I think it would look good on you - perhaps post a picture? ^.^

      Delete
    6. It looks fuchsia in picture (that's why I wanted it )but it's much closer to a pinkish red in real life, the kind of color middle age ladies in China love...I will try to snap some picture while it's still cold out.

      Delete
    7. LOL you're hilarious! It can't be that bad!!!! Post and picture and we'll see xD

      Delete
  2. Great haul! Will look forward to hearing more about them.
    And congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I consider it to be my greatest life acheivement(not talking about passing the broad, but the whole"getting the hell out of Texas" part made me so happy.)

      Yeah, I finished taking the glamor shots for most of them so I could dig in...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.