Monday, February 16, 2015

Gosh Volume Lip Shine in Raspberry Galore & Juicy Orange

One of my (unspoken) resolutions of the year is to stop buying craps at drugstore/end up not using them after the initial try (at first I thought I was doing well, since I haven't been too interested in drugstore releases since summer of last year). It turns out that, I only stopped buying because the deals haven't been good enough (I mean, if I have to pay 8 bucks for a tube of lipstick/mascara, I might as well buy from Japanese drugstore brands). Anyway, as soon as I noticed a bunch of Gosh product 75% off on clearance (at Duane Reade at Penn Station), I went crazy again and hoarded like the old me.
Among the stuff I bought (Oh, I like all of them because there were testers). Here are two Volume Lip Shine. I think these are normally 16 bucks so clearance only managed to bring it down to same price range as Essence.
The glosses come with flat/slim sponge wand that works quite well (The Essence one has annoying hour-glass shaped wand). Unlike other Volumizing glosses, the formula isn't a glassy and mirror like one. Instead, I get a cute, cream-jelly formula (Raspberry is more cream-jelly while the orange one is more gel-like) that is moisturizing and a wee starchy (thickened without being sticky).
 
Raspberry Galore is a cute plummy-pink that's perfect for spring/summer time. The pigmentation is pretty good and there is certain level of opacity to it.
Juicy orange is a sheer enough to be wearable but still manage to show up. It gives me a healthy coral red tint that's quite refreshing (for the winter).

Spy cam pictures (taken back in early december/day of my interview). Apparently I didn't think the stuff was worth buying at 50% off. Anyway, I do like the eyeshadow I bought and I hope there is something left the next time I visit (I live really closed by but I don't visit the city unless there is a really tempting concert going on at Carnegie Hall)...

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! How is the lasting power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as great as essence (I guess those were called longlasting lipgloss)but they are thick enough to not rub off / get absorbed within an hour. I mean I snack and take hot drinks all the time so I don't usually keep track of wear time.

      Delete
  2. Ah, gotcha. On weekdays I can retouch frequently but on weekends I often can't so I tend to look for long lasting glosses.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...