Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate & Grapeseed Lip Butter

Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate Grapeseed Lip Butter was an impulse buy (what isn't though, with all those tea, kitchen wares?) at Marshall's. It was only three bucks and I like the tube so why not? I mean their hand cream smells really nice and worked well enough (for Houston weather, that is). The lip butter itself seems like a blend of water, oil, petrolatum and a ton of grape flavoring (which I might end up liking, if I am an 8-year-old).

On a normal cool day, it's has a medium watery gel consistency (when it got hotter it's all runny and nasty) but now (in North Jersey) it has been mostly in a thicker white paste formula. The formula sinks in pretty fast consider there is so much water but for me, it doesn't do much except for dampening my lips and leaving some sickly grape taste. I usually just squeeze a generous amount on my lips to soak off the dry bits (so they are rubbed off, then I will apply some actual balm to moisturize/seal in the moisture).

Overall: Not completely useless (now I live in such a cold and dry place) with the squeeze tip and all that I guess I could still get something better at 3 bucks.


Comments