NYC City Duet Eyeshadow in Bowling Green

I picked up NYC City Duet Eyeshadow Duo in Bowling Green when I was having another one of those stroke-moment (I wanted the limited edition red/black one but it was no where to be seen, at the same time, the 3-dollar extra buck reward was burning a hole in my pocket). The duo contain two greens: One is a lime green /chartreuse with green and silver pearls (the pearls are so subtle that it's more or less a matte shadow)  and the other is a matte teal-green.
The texture for the both the shade are smooth and silky but the chartreuse is a little more user-friendly. The teal green, being completely matte, lack the shimmering particle (presumably mica, which also acts as a smoothing agent) to maintain a uniform finish so it's a little chalky and powdery. This color, when blended out, also leaves a weird stain on the lid so I don't enjoy using it. I suppose I can use the lime green as a brightening, fresh lid shade but...I am boring so I prefer using beige for that (my Stila Kitten is still going strong after all these years).

Overall: Not a horrible product but for 3 dollars (I don't like it at all)...I could have bought two packs of on-sale Oreo (one of them being golden to prevent the...urgh...toilet-clogging bowel product) then a 2L bottle of Mountain Dew (it was 88 cents last week!) and be much happier.

Comments

  1. it's fun to experiment with unusual colours when they are cheaper. Yeh, sometimes they are not completely HG territory but with some primer they look fun

    ps: I've been tagging you...feel free to join in to write the 12 faves of 2012...might be fun to discover your real likes (& dislikes)

    http://birkinbagbeauty.blogspot.nl/2012/12/top-12-for-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.