Physicians Formula Dark Spot Corrector Skin Brightener

Physicians Formula Dark Spot Corrector Skin Brightener (going on sale for 7.99 from 20.99 in CVS till the 3rd) was a why-not purchase (It was not only free, but also a money maker at the end so...Why not?) from a few weeks ago and I never really get to test out the product. Instead, here is my impression after 2-time uses.

The serum comes in a "scientific" looking bottle with metallic (painted on light-weight plastic) base and nozzle, a clear lid is hanging there loosely, constantly spinning around. I would just prefer a no-frill one-piece plastic bottle with a lid that shuts... But well, I guess that wouldn't fit their gimmick-loving principles.
The Dark Spot corrector is tinted murky lilac and contains some shimmer (both will give an illusion of brightening effect immediately after application). It smells like sweet herbal medicine (like their tinted moisturizer) and has a light texture that's typical of serum and feels strangely smooth and silky on the skin (dimethicone alert!). In fact, it's so sickly slippery that I couldn't take the greasiness and ended up washing the whole thing off in the middle of the night. And guess what I get with the few hours of -cone immersion? A patch of bumpy pimples...

When used on my feet (the driest part of my body), I did notice some immediate smoothing and plumping thanks to the -cones and the shimmer but otherwise I was not patient enough to use daily to see other functions (I don't have hyper-pigmentation on my feet anyway).
 Dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, PEG-10 Dimenthicone...I am not sure who would want to apply this on her face day and night. At least I don't. Overall: This might be really effective, after a long term usage, with all those natural ingredients, extracts and whatnot but the base really just kills it for me.

Comments