Spring Beauty Staples and Triple Tag

Since I haven't done any beauty and miscellaneous favorites round-up for the year of 2011 (I wear the same thing over and over and it would be embarrassing to admit that my favorite musician of the year is Sexy Zone...except I just did) , I guess it's time to do one about my spring time favorites, before it gets too hot to wear anything on my face...

Garnier BB Cream - Despite its multiple flaws, it feels hydrating and never broke me out
(Now the dewiness can get a little nasty now it gets warmer though...)
Essence Concealer Stick - More of a fall favorite that I never mentioned
Essence Blush and Powder Brush - Handy, soft and low-maintenance
Benefit Dandelion - No brainer blush that also doubles up as face powder
Bobbi Brown Rose - A subtle pink tint (that's noticeable even when I am really tanned)

 Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange - finally looks red with my current (non-purple) lip color
Makemania Gloss in Red Beige -Incredibly boring in the tube but the nude is so flattering on the lips
L'Oreal Balm Plush Plum - This is what I imaging what Revlon lip butter is like after, I read all those ZOMG-this-is-the-BOMB reviews...I just wish the shade selection wouldn't be as boring (out of all the bolds they have, three are mauve/plum/wine and then there is a brown one...). 

Taupe nail is more like a perennial favorite of mine (since the dusty color makes skin look brighter) - This one is Rimmel Steel gray, an Eva Chen recommendation (I stalk her blog and took mental note whenever she picks stuff that's on my price-range...Luckily/unluckily, that list is short and very easy to remember).
If all of the Demeter Cologne Sprays are singular and spot-on like these (Didn't like the lavender for this very reason ), I will be getting gardenia, cherry blossom and jasmine one very soon (I wish they have Chinese Yulan Magnolia  and Sweet Olive)!

That's all for my current favorites, I was tagged by Dalenna (last year...)  Connie (twice/the second tag is the "Seven Sins") and Athena with the cute blog award and click to read the answers of all the questions, starting with the Connie's questions.
1. What is your go-to makeup product?
Essence Concealer (now I am just too lazy to use it), Benefit Dandelion or Garnier BB Cream (on cooler days) or just bare (haven't found a good sunscreen for this summer yet) face with a bit of sheer red gloss.

2. What was your favorite fashion trend of 2011?
Urgh, what were the fashion trend again? Does orange lips count (or is it a 2012 trend) ?

3. What is your favorite desert?
Tanghulu, Cheesecake, MacDonald's hot fudge sundae

4. Favorite color?
Green (In case you can't tell from my pictures)

5. What is your middle name?
 Don't have one.

6. What is the last song you listened to?
Tatoe Donani by Nishino Kana (So freaking high pitched)

7. Something you don't know about me yet:
I have a somewhat low-pitched voice and it gets even lower when I laugh (I sound like a middle aged man).


Cute green lizard acting like a cat - Just a page break before the Seven Beauty-Related Sins tag
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
I have got gotten several items for free (after coupon) so it's hard to keep track. / Anna Sui Loose Powder.

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? 
What product has been the hardest to get?
Bobbi Brown shimmer brick (worst packaging ever seen)/ Revlon Lip Butter.

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
The list is way too long but I love the smell of Paul & Joe glosses, EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit and Alverto VO5 Raspberry and Green Tea conditioner (works really well too!)

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
Eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, primer... And the list goes on.


5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
Sheer red gloss.

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Pretty hands :)

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
A house maid to clean my room. No sane person would give me more beauty products as gifts...

Another page break, featuring Clawdia the curvy cat.

1. What is your favorite lipstick color?
Coral (Surprise?) although I wear sheer red way more often.
2. If you could be in charge of any beauty brand, what would it be?
Anna Sui (Those newer lipstick tubes, powder compact packaging gotta go...)

3. What product have you been wanting for the longest and still haven't gotten?
Makeup wise, if I want something I will just buy it (or save up and get it), I never want stuff that are too expensive to start with. If you are talking about other frivolous things, I want a jade bangle bracelet from this store.


Oh, I would really like to own another cartoon figure carved out of jade as well, like this spinach jade Doraemon or this Maneki Neko (which retails for 400 USD, are you effing kidding me?) from the store called Warm Jade Atelier (Most of the product in this store are way way way overpriced, just FYI).
 
4. Do you shop more high end or drugstore brands?
Drugstore.

5. What color do you find totally unwearable anywhere on your face?
Primary blue (or maybe any blue).

6. What is your favorite collection so far from any beauty brand?
Revlon Summer 2010 Daydreamer (Since I did end up getting all the glosses...) 

7. What is your favorite food?
Most are food/snack from Chinese street vendor.

8. What is your favorite hobby?
I will say singing (scab-picking is a close second) because I would even do it 5 am in the shower, which scared the crap out of my then-roommate, who thought the wailing was some paranormal activities...(I was singing tenor arias).

9. Do you take pleasure in beauty blogging or find it a drag?
It can get a little boring when I took way too many spy cam pictures but most of the time (venting about beauty products) it's fun (since I can't really complain about the bitches and bastards in my life people).

10. If there could be a makeup collection based on you, what theme would it have?
That would be really dull...


Anyway, hope you enjoy (or didn't have to read) the ultra long post. Now excuse me while I attempt to wail out a proper D♭6 (Nishino's song goes all the way up to a G6),  let's hope my room's insulation is good enough...

Comments

  1. haha! nice answers citrine! thanks for answering my question :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.