Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner

While I am not a fan of Pseudo-organic/natural brands and their misleading name and claims, I can't help but get attached to the haircare (now there is even a skincare range) brand Organix. What can I say? They look cute (like a penguin!) , feel good (with slightly textured bottle) and all smell yummy, who can say no to that?

Anyway, after having tried the mint (returned it as I couldn't stand the overly sweet smell), passion fruit guava, pomegranate and mandarin, now I am ready for warmer, deeper scent now the weather is cooling down a teeny tiny bit.
Anyway, here is a short review of the haircare products I am using at the moment- Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo and Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner.The shampoo has their usual jelly-runny/snot-like texture, a sweet coconut (not 100% natural but still quite enjoyable) scent that lingers better that other fruity variations. It cleanses and rinses reasonably well without being too stripping or irritating (works like most shampoo without Sodium Laureth Sulfate), which is all I need in a bottle of shampoo. 

As for the conditioner (which I started to use again so I don't have to pull out the tangle by force) , I don't think there is anything special about it. The yellow colored cream is not creamy to start with, and while it does what a conditioner is supposed to do (detangle, duh...Do you really think that it will repair hair shaft, a cell structure that's dead to start with?),  it doesn't have any other benefit of making my hair sleek or soft (so what is the dimethicone for? Clogging up my pores?). My least favorite part about this would be the fragrance, it smells like musky cologne, a scent that I associate with douche bags (Alright, I know I kind of talk/act like one, but do I want to smell like one as well?) ...
Ingredient list of the two products - As you can see, the actual fruit extract are so far down the list (for the shampoo,the coconut extract comes way after the formaldehyde-releasing preservative DMDM Hydantoin) so if you actually getting any result as their claims, it's probably just placebo effect.

P.S. I would probably still buy another bottle (my next would be the brown one) of this shampoo when I run out, since they are SLS-free, reasonably prized (when you wait for a sale, clip coupon and hunt for these value-sized big bottles) and get my hair cleaned.

Comments

  1. I love anything with coconut and argan oil, lol!Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ "snot like texture"
    yes, i think i tried a bottle of this line and couldn't get over the texture.
    morocan oil ones look interesting, tho.

    thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ingredient sounds so good! You described it so well lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.