Proactiv Refining Mask Sulfur Acne Treatment

Proactiv Refining Mask comes with a trial set, the kaolin based (with sulfur at 6% concentration) acne treatment is to be used once a week to "refine overall skin texture and help get rid of pimple (something like that, don't quote me). The mask has a creamy texture that's easy to spread on the skin and as expected for a product containing sulfur, it looks slightly yellow and smells (a tad) funny. After having it for around 10 minutes on the face, it dries smooth and uniformly (i.e no cracking or chipping) and washes off easily. I notice a little bit of toning but no shrunk pore whatsoever (However, it does an excellent job drying out my normal skin at gives it quite a bit of flaking).  When used as a spot treatment, it did absolutely nothing (while Clean & Clear persa gel dries the pimple out in a day).

Overall: Doesn't work for me at all, people with oily skin might like it.

P.S. This was a roommate leftover so I have no clue how much it costs.

Comments

  1. This worked really well for me as a spot treatment and because I used it on areas where my skin was oilier, I didn't get much drying out. I wouldn't use it as a mask though - given my dry chin and mouth area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I'm tempted to try this every time I'm on Amazon because it's cheaper than their usual stuff and free shipping but I'll skip it now that you said it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eden-Avalon:
    Pimple usually show up on the drier areas of my face (cheeks) so this stuff was a bit of a fail...Anyway, I think a lot of people like sulur acne treatment (since many Japanese products use that instead for acne products).

    Kalmo:
    I think it depends on yoru skin type, Eden-Avalon (above) just said that it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it only helped me whiten my complexion thats it! :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.