Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Berry Beautiful

What's your favorite lip color for fall? For me, I actually am still loving sheer-to-medium (pigmentation wise) red glosses and balm(it's just impossible to go wrong with them!) but as a beauty blogger, I feel obliged to at least dabble into one of the fall trends of this year- Berry lips.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Berry Beautiful, released as a part of the Fall 2010 New York Fashion week collection, is a gorgeous berry/plummy/wine shade that's just right: Being neither too pink nor too blue. This is my third CS lipstick and the first from their purple family. I would say the purple lid looks classier than the ones I had but I still get a little annoyed by the fact that they get scratched so easily.
Maybelline Color Senational lipstick in Berry Beauty by itself (I might have some left over clear gloss I used a few hours prior to swatching this, which made the color stick a little bit better). Formula wise, it has a smooth texture and goes on easily. Like I said in my previous reviews about these lipsticks, I wouldn't call them intensely pigmented, creamy or moisturizing (how they are being marketed as) but they are not a bad deal for the price they charge(I often get them during sale, along with a coupon so I usually pay 2-3 dollars for these) and it seem to me that the lighter shade are creamier and feel better than colors like deep plum or red. 
Maybelline Berry Beautiful with NYX lip slider in Sugar Rush , a glossy, moisturizing berry-colored gloss(works wonderfully if you use a lip brush to dig the gloss out). I really like these lip slider as layering pieces (not that I don't love them by themselves) since they give a jelly shine without diluting the color.

Overall:Not a fan of the texture or scent but the color is gorgeous. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.