Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Volume & Curve Mascara

Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Volume & Curve Mascara has been out in the market for over a year now, I have heard plenty of pretty good reviews (mixed with some not-so-good ones) , I decided to give it a go as the idea of curvy applicator is pretty intriguing to me.
As you can see, the applicator of Rimmel Sexy Curve mascara is shape like a combination of a wolf's teeth mace (an ancient Chinese torture device) and flail (medieval torture tool) . I don't get the curvy part (wouldn't it dispense product unevenly since lashes are grown that way?) but I thought the rounded tip could be pretty handy when you want volume at those hard-to-reach places.
Formula wise, Rimmel Sexy Curve is on the thick/creamy side and the wand dispense a generous amount of product during each application. Luckily, it's still relatively easy to go on (a little combing is needed but there wasn't any major clumping) and gives quite a bit of volume and a little length. This is one of the bolder mascara I have tried (not that you can tell since I have pathetically thin and straight lashes to start with) and I do appreciate how visible it gets. However, the chipping and flaking really get on my nerve.

Overall: Great volume, coverage but comes with flaking and chipping? I am on the fence...

Comments

  1. The only thing that intrigued me with this mascara is its sexy curves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently bought the max volume masacara by rimmel & it was so crappy. Don't think I will try anymore rimmel masacara after reading ur review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Rimmel Sexy Curves. I find it so gimmicky like all of the other Rimmel mascaras. Atleast the tube packaging is sleek :d

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.