Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Coral Crush

The weather is cooling down but nothing stops me from wearing bright lip colors! ( Especially this is pretty similar to the Evil Queen lipstick Toxic Tale from the MAC /Disney Venomous Villains collection) .
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Coral Crush is an eye-catchingly bright coral, so bright that is almost neon. This is the second lipstick I have tried from the same range and I think I am liking Maybelline more for heading into the fun/bright zone. You know, the shade selection of drugstore makeup used to be safe and boring but recently I have seen more and more interesting colors like bright coral, fuchsia, purple lip products from what I used to call "auntie/ kiddo brands".
Being the second lipstick I have tried from the Maybelline Color Sensational line, Coral Crush is similar to Very Cherry in a sense that they are both easy to apply and leave a slightly moist, glossy finish (Yup, the swatch is Coral Crush by itself!) but I personally don't get that "creamy, very pigmented, moisturizing" feel that other people have raved about. Even though it's easy to apply, I just don't think it offer a creamy glide, rich texture or that kind of amazing coverage (compared to those MAC lipstick) usually seen on high end brand. Anyway, the color is good enough for the price ( around 5-6 dollars and always go on sale in drugstore) and the texture isn't half bad.

Overall: My only gripe is the weird scent it has (not the rancid type many complained about).

Comments

  1. I love the shade, it's so pretty and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh citrine this shade looks mighty nice on you. oh gosh now i'm itching to try this. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Now I can't wait to get this lipstick. It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. True! The scent isn't the worst that a lipstick could have, it always makes me think of bad homemade-vanilla-scented play-do, weird but do-able! I really like that the formula makes them more of a firmer consistency! I totally dropped mine once on the carpet (when it was twisted up too :O )and it didn't break, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lipsticks dry out my lips so much =/ I wish I could wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Double WOW!!! Super pretty and very pigmented! I gave a 2nd and 3rd look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful super opaque colour!

    <3 angie
    pandaphilia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polly:
    Yeah, playdoh seems like an accurate description for that...I just think it's weird that they actually bother to scent it at all (I think I get along better with thos waxy smell of 1-dollar wet n wild lipstick)...

    Yuki:
    I kind of get what you mean, if I use it when my lips' condition isn't that good, I get a sensation as if my lips are being salted/ dried out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i bough it but it dosen't look anything like this :( so dissapointed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pls tell me actually how have u applied , I have bought the same but disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @prafulla

    I apply all of my lipstick straight from the tube, I guess since I used to live in a hot and humid place, lipsticks usually don't look bad (unless they are terribly thin and drying).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.