L'Oreal HIP Studio Secret Metallic Eyeshadow in Electrified

Can you believe that (after have read Pink Sith for so long) I have never had anything taupe until now? I certainly have missed out a lot of fun because apparently there is another color I can wear beside lilac and teal! Without further ado, let's take a look at my very first taupe eyeshadow...
L'Oreal HIP Studio Secret Metallic Eyeshadow in Electrified seems to be a popular release a while back (that I have never heard of but all of a sudden I have been reading a lot of reviews all over the place) and has recently been added to the permanent display of L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow duos.Electrified #510, classified as a metallic, features a highly metallic taupe (that also looks like some sort of antique silver) and a shimmering plum with a light touch of brown.

Even the eyeshadow itself is of fairly good quality, I have a minor complain about it : The two half-circle shaped pan are house in a big compact with a large cavity at the bottom, where there is a sponge applicator, a sizable empty space and no mirror...
Swatch of L'Oreal HIP Studio Secret Metallic Eyeshadow in Electrified As you can see, the silvery taupe side of the duo is so intensely metallic (but never frosty) that it actually looks wet with a mere swipe and when I blend the color down, it becomes a beautiful soft sheen with flecks peeking through. Due to the high intensity, a tiny fallout become much more noticeable that it actually is but I can certainly overlook this part.

Now to the other color (the less loved child - -) , the plummy side looks a bit boring on the pan but it does has come rich red and blue shimmer and when layered on top of the taupe, it adds depth but when used by itself(without a primer or other eyeshadow), it has a tendency to thin
out and start to resembling bruise.

L'Oreal Electrified - Taupe as upper lid color with a bit of plum layer at the outer V. Apparently the plum doesn't hold well as a tiny eyeliner so it already smeared out by the time the picture was taken.

Overall - I have never tried any L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow in the past so I can't really compare or relate but for what I can say, both shades from this particular duo are very pigmented, firmly pressed and come with a relatively silky texture. It's not quite NARS but it already outperformed many drugstore eyeshadow in the same price range.

Comments

  1. I've been thinking about getting this duo, and now I think I will! Thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shade is very very pretty! :) I love it on your eyes, very natural!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.