Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Color in Grape Going

Although Sally Hansen nail polishes are generally overprized compared to Wet n Wild, Revlon and Sinful Color. Sometime they just have the prettiest shade available and I just had to cave in despite the killer price (5 bucks a piece is killer enough for drugstore brand).
Grape Going is a new shade being added to the insta dry nail color line. It's a shimmering medium purple that flashes teal (The duo-chrome effect reminds me of the deeper version of Revlon Not So Blue Berry , as well as an old Sally Hansen polish which refuses to show up after 10 layers) The color is very vibrant and the formula is quite easy to work with. The nail polish in the insta dry line all come with a brush that is shaped like a duck beak. It might take some time to get use to but I personally find the design to be very user friendly. The pigmentation was a lot better than the one from 2007 so 1 coat is actually enough (sort of) but 2 coat would give you the perfect intensity. The shimmering formula is neither streaky nor too thick. The only down side would be the fact that it doesn't dry in 1 minute flat (and the 5 dollar price tag...that was totally an impulse buy).
What a pretty color for spring, and Sally Hansen finally came up with some interesting shade! Lilac and purple are my favorite shade when it comes to nail color, do you have a favorite purple polish?

Comments

  1. I have this one too. I'm thinking it MIGHT be a Scrangie dupe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your fingers are really pretty! lol sorry for going out of topic, I should look at your nails right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie:
    Correct me if I am wrong, isn't Scrangie a person?

    Nikki:
    It's OK...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty shade, it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoya Yasmeen :D

    But this looks pretty awesome, too. It's so pretty against your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoetke:
    I should check out Zoya some time (I wonder if they have any discount this Earth day...)they got some really nice duo-chrome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.